Senior Medical Manager - Liver Diseases
Senior Medical Manager - Liver Diseases
Switzerland - Zug
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences was founded over 30 years ago and it is an ambitious, innovative, research-based biopharmaceutical company with a pioneering mind-set that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, invasive fungal infection and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. The Swiss office is based in Steinhausen near Zug.
In the liver disease therapeutic area ,Gilead Sciences is committed to elimination of viral hepatitis which is now entering a new phase, where the challenge lies in how to link the patients to care.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Medical Manager to provide support to the Liver Disease therapeutic area. The role will report directly to Director, Medical Affairs and will predominantly be office based, although there will be approximately 40% travel both nationally and internationally.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Research and global/regional Medical Affairs Team.
- Develops national strategic plan in line with global strategic planning.
- Implement medical strategy and tactics in collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Medical education on relevant therapeutic areas and medicine.
- Collects and analyses scientific data, publications and guidelines.
- Is responsible for medical content of Gilead organized medical education events and activities.
- Conducts disease awareness including treatment guidelines with patient advocates, community groups, medical providers, and patients.
- Is responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate scientific relations with KOLs.
- This is an office based position, however candidate should have ability to travel approx. 40% within Switzerland and internationally- i.e. networking, visiting customers/KOLs, attending conferences which will include occasional weekend travel.
- Represents the company to various groups of experts, medical professional groups, scientific societies, regulatory and payer groups at local and international scientific meetings.
- Organizes and participates at advisory boards and key conference activities.
- Supports the development of local clinical data through clinical trials and investigator studies.
- Analyses trial data and provides interpretation to marketing and sales departments. Ensures appropriate medical quality of promotional materials and activities within approval process.
- Answers and responds to medical inquiries to customers.
- Supports Drug Safety Dpt. providing medical expertise in the analysis and review of adverse events
- Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy or Bioscience.
- Preferred (but not essential) medical expertise in the area of hepatology or gastroenterology.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Built network and long term relationships with the key thought leaders and other relevant health care professionals.
- Ability of transferring complex scientific/medical data to understandable medical communication and education.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills are required along with the ability to provide clear and concise analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts.
- Ability and wish to continuously learn and improve and to work as a member of several local and international cross functional teams. Able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence.
- Sufficient understanding of Clinical Research area in order to provide support for the link between company R&D and investigators.
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand issues and problems, and interpret data in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to respective cross functional groups.
- Ability to utilize complex scientific resources for presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Driving license.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Switzerland---Zug/Medical-Manager---Liver-Diseases_R0016134-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency