Internal Audit Manager - ABAC Compliance Audits
Internal Audit Manager - ABAC Compliance Audits
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's Internal Audit (IA) department is growing a diverse team of professionals in an atmosphere of inclusion. Our IA team speaks 10 languages! We seek individuals with unique talents, expertise and backgrounds whose efforts will advance Gilead's mission to help millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our international team is a close community where everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
The Audit Manager will assist the IA department in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to enhance and improve Gilead's control environment.
You will be an integral member of the IA team, responsible for planning, executing and managing compliance audits across the company. The IA Manager will focus on evaluating the business' processes, services and operations for adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls.
This role will provide a great opportunity to understand our business across a variety of corporate functions internationally.
- Provide corporate audit services including compliance, operational, business conduct and forensic reviews
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual audit plan
- Plan and execute compliance audits including business partners, clinical research organizations, event organizers, vendors other 3rd parties
- Manage timelines and internal/external resources to achieve program objectives
- Prepare audit reports and recommend improvements in internal controls, operations and related policies and procedures
- Work with advanced data analytics to drive audit findings
- Participate in special projects and work with other functions as required
- This position may require up to 30% domestic and international travel when the company's business travels resume
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration with solid technical proficiency in accounting and auditing
- CPA (or CPA equivalent), CIA, or CFE certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Big 4 firms, working on compliance audits or FCPA audits, preferably at for pharmaceutical companies
- Experience as a forensic auditor including relevant experience designing and testing compliance with FCPA and other pharmaceutical industry guidelines.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery Statue, and other anti-corruption/anti-bribery regulations as well as pharmaceutical industry regulations and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas clearly and interact effectively with senior leadership and all levels and functions of the organization
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks required while maintaining flexibility and adaptability to changes and various time zones
- Ability to work with Python, Tableau or other tools is a plus
- Given the international exposure of the role, the ability to speak one or more languages (in addition to English) is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Internal-Audit_R0016128-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency