Manager, Trade Operations
Manager, Trade Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Trade Operations - Foster City, CA
In this role, the Trade Operations Manager will be responsible for all Order to Cash functions in the Americas across Wholesalers, Specialty Distributors and Specialty Pharmacies to support the distribution of all products, including generating reports, dashboards, and analyses to support management decisions and ensure patient access and appropriate inventory levels are in the channel. They will maintain and improve the systems that contain trade data and the tools/processes, leveraging data, such as sales and inventory trending, order management, and scorecards. The Manager will interact with other teams within Managed Markets Strategy & Operations, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Analyses, Forecasting, Sales Analytics, Manufacturing, Materials Management, Distribution, QA, Legal and IT to facilitate the resolution of issues and ensure timely delivery of inventory through the supply chain, data, reports, and analytics. They will participate in business reviews with trading partners and system providers by monitoring key performance indicators and driving for operational excellence.
The Trade Operations Manager responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing internal metric reports, derives conclusions based on report results and proactively identifies trends or anomalies
- Managing key internal partners to help achieve departmental goals
- Supporting Trade Account Management team in assuring commercial activity meets terms of agreements
- Using clearly defined processes to provide first level data quality control.
- Thinking strategically within clearly defined principles about the implications of analysis results.
- Providing input into the creation and maintenance of policies & procedures
- Conducting training for new departmental employees.
- Performing data integrity and quality control checks to identify areas of improvement or training needed within the department.
- Serving as a business partner to account management teams to provide contracting strategy recommendations and account analytics to facilitate contract negotiation or renewal.
- Identifying needs for databases, reports and management of information and ensuring reporting systems are updated accordingly.
- Following Gilead's policies to maintain and improve the company's level of customer service to direct and indirect customers.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on analytical tools, trade processes, and internal/external data sources.
- Recognizing and interpreting business issues/opportunities and recommending solutions through analysis, and then implementing and/or negotiating solutions with internal/external parties
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics, Finance, Engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Able to multi-task and dynamically prioritize ad-hoc deliverables versus day-to-day tasks with high attention to detail in a deadline intensive environment
- Able to effectively manage others in accomplishing necessary tasks, both direct reports and others in related areas of Gilead
- Able to analyze data from multiple sources and communicate findings in a clear and organized manner
- Able to build analytical models that evaluate business situations and provide recommendations to senior management
- Able to follow a project through completion with minimal direction and strong personal initiative and serving as backup to fellow team members in the department
- Able to make decisions, influence peers and solve problems while working collaboratively in a team structure
- Project leadership experience and ability to design, analyze and reengineer business processes is preferred
- Experience selecting and managing vendor or contractor relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and productively communicate both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of contracts and regulations, advisories, methodologies and standard operating procedures
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical supply chain management is preferred
- Working knowledge of sales orders, returns, chargebacks and product complaints/replacement processes
- Industry knowledge of pharmaceutical business standards and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Advanced in Excel & PowerPoint) is required
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle/SAP), Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Trade data platforms (Integrichain or Valuecentric), EDI data sets (852/867), and visualization tools (Tableau) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Specialty Patient Data, Alteryx, Metric Insights, and SharePoint is helpful.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Trade-Operations_R0016088-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency