Associate Scientist Sequencing Core - Research Biology
Associate Scientist Sequencing Core - Research Biology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Associate Scientist - Sequencing Core - Research Biology
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and motivated individual to join our new Sequencing Core in Research Biology. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to establishing the sequencing capabilities and fulfilling essential sequencing needs for Gilead Research. The candidate will have a strong background in NGS workflows and sequencing data analysis. This individual will play a key role in establishing sequencing operations and helping to drive continuous improvements in new technologies and cross functional collaborations.
- Lead technical conversations with research scientists about their samples to enable optimal sequencing performance on Illumina platforms, and facilitate optimal sequencer schedule
- Perform sample preparation, library construction, sequencing run and data processing
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and failure mode analysis of sequencing runs
- Maintain the sequencing instruments, manage inventory and procurement for sequencing consumables
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor Science or more advanced degree in Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Hands on experience with Illumina sequencing technologies
- Core Lab operational experience is highly desired
- Deep technical understanding of Illumina sequencing instrumentation
- Extensive experience troubleshooting sequencing libraries and runs
- Deep knowledge of sequencing chemistry technologies
- Hands-on expertise in molecular biology, library construction and sample processing
- Track record of conceiving, validating, and implementing process improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor Science in Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline with 9+ years of experience or Master's of Science in Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline with 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years hands on experience with Illumina sequencing technologies
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist---Sequencing-Core---Research-Biology_R0015768-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency