Assoc. Director, Finance - FP&A
Assoc. Director, Finance - FP&A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Associate Director, PDM FP&A FinanceGilead Sciences is currently seeking an Associate Director in Finance to join the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) FP&A Consolidations team, based in Foster City, CA. This position reports to the Director, Consolidations within PDM Finance.Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:This position will be a key member of the FP&A team supporting the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) organization and will be based in Foster City, CA. The individual will drive business partnering with leaders in the PDM organization and lead the forecast and budget process, decision support and analysis, management reporting and process improvement initiatives. The individual must have the ability to interact with and present effectively to Senior Management in both Finance and PDM Operations.Essential Duties and Job Functions Provide financial support to PDM organization including but not limited to the following:
- Lead the PDM financial consolidation processes including planning, development and delivery of accurate and timely management reporting of monthly financial performance, financial forecasts, capital expense tracking, headcount and other reporting requirements.
- Development and management of ongoing planning calendar including coordination with multiple Finance functions and PDM business partners.
- Conducts comprehensive financial analyses and uses results to provide strategic input to upper management while creating effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations.
- Develops reporting and analysis in a standardized format across the PDM finance organization
- Monitors process effectiveness and efficiency against goals and objectives, taking corrective action as necessary; identifies, implements, and supports complex process improvements.
- Understands strategic priorities developed by upper management with agility to shift between tactical and strategic perspectives based on audience and project needs.
- Analyzes Gross Margins by working with multiple finance and business partners and applying both business and financial acumen to communicate analysis.
- Develop and present accurate and timely management reporting to drive discussions on business trends, forecast accuracy and upcoming projects/activities.
- Support ad hoc requests and ongoing analytics support to assist the PDM organization with tactical and strategic decision making processes.
- Drive development and implementation of key process improvement initiatives. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to develop continuous process improvements to planning, analyses and reporting.
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners and work collaboratively to deliver meaningful analyses and decision support.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and be willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Team Leadership: The candidate must demonstrate the ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls.
- Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: The candidate must be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader demonstrating strong influencing capabilities with business partners while maintaining open and transparent communication within Gilead's matrixed organization.
- Continuous improvement: The individual will leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
- Provide Forward Thinking: The individual will be able to identify the interdependencies across different organizations and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility. 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry or supporting manufacturing is preferred. Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
- A BS or BA is required and a CPA is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated, advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are key skillsets, including mastery of Excel in relation to template design, datasets mergers and process automation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The role will require presentation to executive leadership.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Must have familiarity with SAP, Oracle and Hyperion.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Assoc-Director--Finance---FP-A_R0015972-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency