Executive Director, Channel and Patient Support
Executive Director, Channel and Patient Support
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Executive Director, Channel and Patient Support based in Foster City, CA, has primary responsibility for oversight of the Trade Operations and Patient Support teams supporting Gilead's commercial products across all therapeutic areas and reports directly to the Vice President of Managed Markets Strategy and Operations.
- Leading the organization's multi-channel distribution and patient support efforts across all therapeutic areas; ensuring that Gilead's therapeutics are available for patients, as required.
- Helps ensure patient access to commercial products by partnering with key internal business functions and wholesalers, specialty distributors, specialty and retail pharmacies.
- Oversees compliant support programs that help patients who require access support and education for Gilead therapies
- Leads key decision-making forums and serves on various US pricing and patient support related committees, including US Pricing Committee (USPC) and Patient Access Concept Committee (PACC).
- Provides key input and insight into Gross to Net (GTN) calculations and revenue planning.
- Provides leadership and input to the evaluation of distribution strategy recommendations and analysis.
- Collaborates with Gilead Government Affairs and Policy teams on initiatives
- Establishes standard processes across the Trade and Patient Support teams to ensure operational efficiency, accuracy and compliance in day to day work.
- Supports the strategic direction of key technology solutions and support the change management process as necessary
- Works across Gilead with key partners, to ensure transparency and collaboration for key decisions (Legal, Finance, Accounting, Brand Team Leads, etc).
- Leads a high-performing team, (with empathy) and inspires commitment
- Optimizes resources and processes to continually evolve access, across the highly-complex, U.S. healthcare system
- Actively partners with our Government Affairs and National Accounts teams, to understand how to best support patients, while accounting for changes in policy and payer management
- Manages Key accounts, via active engagement and distribution networking
- Serves as a member of the Anti-Counterfeiting working team, to mitigate increasing risk and comply with regulations
- Partners with Supply Chain and Manufacturing, for supply risk mitigation and planning
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A minimum of 16 years' experience, and a Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, finance or related field or a minimum of 14 years' experience (for those holding a Graduate degree)
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment with ever-changing priorities
- Strong project management skills
- A high degree of Emotional Intelligence/EQ
- Broad and deep US supply chain, distribution and dispensing knowledge
- Understanding of Patient Support Services and associated compliance considerations
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and critical thinking
- Ability to influence decision-makers through incisive analysis and persuasive communication
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare industry-related datasets (e.g., EDI, Pharmacy Dispense copay, etc.)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Channel-and-Patient-Support_R0016065-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency