Sr Director, Human Resources
Sr Director, Human Resources
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Director- HR Business Partner
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Director/Sr. Director, Human Resources Business Partner -Research and Development.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess strong influencing skills.
- Understanding of business objectives and the ability to translate those objectives into HR priorities.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Prior experience and desire to manage staff.
- Ability to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
Key Rey Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the areas of planning, development, implementation, administration and budgeting for client group (R&D.).
- Manages Senior HR Representatives and drives the delivery of key HR programs and services, including compensation, recruitment, training and development.
- Provides advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout of programs.
- Drives strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans
- Drives the delivery of key HR programs and services, including compensation, recruitment, training and development. Provides advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout.
- Advises VP(s), SVP(s) and other senior management on HR policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions, which may be significantly complex.
- Viewed as subject matter expert and maintains contacts with external sources to stay apprised of current trends and new legislative changes.
- Develops concepts, techniques, and standards for flawless execution on the delivery of various HR services including succession planning, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation planning, and leadership development.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty areas, must be able to initiate discussions regarding organizational changes and to present each of the HR specialty functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) when working with management.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new processes and Company initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within the organization and builds two-way communication channels.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of philosophy, company culture, and practices which fosters uniform direction and thinking.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP's role in supporting client's organization.
- Analyzes business needs, defines the talent management strategy within the client group and influences recruiting decisions.
- In partnership with Learning & Development, delivers and implements leadership development programs.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates HR staff, outsourcing, and consulting and professional services organizations to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages complex employment relations issues.
Qualifications and Education:
- 14+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Human-Resources_R0016049
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency