Executive Director, Marketing Hematology
Executive Director, Marketing Hematology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The successful Executive Director, Magrolimab/Hematology Marketing candidate will be a key contributor responsible for strategy and execution in support of Gilead's emerging non-cell therapy hematology franchise including the launch and rapid growth of magrolimab, a novel immuno-oncology agent in Phase 3 development. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of commercial success in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. They must have the proven ability to provide strategic brand/portfolio management, collaborative cross-functional team leadership, vision and direction within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment. The role will report to the VP, Oncology Business Unit Head in the US Commercial organization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the development and implementation of strategic and tactical marketing plans for magrolimab and the hematology (non-cell therapy) portion of our Oncology portfolio
- Building and leading a team of marketing professionals, inspiring and developing talent
- Collaborating with sales leaders to ensure a coordinated approach across oncology
- Leading cross-functionally with Legal, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory and Public Affairs
- Active participation & collaboration as a key member of the cross-functional Oncology Leadership Team (OLT)
- Representing the U.S. Commercial organization in the global magrolimab Indication Launch Team (ILT)
- Cultivating relationships with thought leaders, key customers and professional organizations
- Working in close conjunction with marketing operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics and infrastructures
- Achieving revenue targets while managing risk and the magrolimab P&L
- Representing the magrolimab marketing position on Promotional Review Committee
Required qualifications include:
- 15+ years pharmaceutical industry experience including expertise in marketing strategy and tactics and commercial policies and practices
- Proven record of leading U.S. product launch and brand/portfolio growth desired
- Knowledge and experience in oncology/hematology preferred
- Significant track record of delivering impactful marketing materials while working compliantly within pharmaceutical regulatory requirements (OPDP)
- Proven strategic capabilities with ability to conceive, develop and implement multidimensional marketing and business plans
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, inspire, focus, resolve conflict and influence without authority, and deliver exceptional results across a diverse matrix organization
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting before senior leadership
- Proven ability to nimbly navigate complex situations, adapt, and deliver innovative solutions to simultaneously deliver positive outcomes for both the business and patients
- Track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting
- Sales/market research experience is preferable, though not required
- BA/BS degree required with an MBA or advanced scientific degree desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Marketing---Hematology_R0016014-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency