Senior Director, Head of Medical Affairs, (LatAm)
Senior Director, Head of Medical Affairs, (LatAm)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior. Director, Head of Medical Affairs, Latin America (LatAm)
Reporting to the Head of Intercontinental region in our Foster City corporate headquarters, this individual will be based in the region, or Miami corporate headquarters, and will provide strong medical leadership in developing strategic, executable plans for the Latin American region. This experienced people leader will provide strong medical leadership in developing strategic, executable plans for the Latin American countries of Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador and collaborate with the International Medical Affairs leadership team. This experienced people leader will be accountable for executing strategic and operational excellence from the LatAm Medical Affairs function within the region, and for maintaining the best-in-class MA organization that works effectively cross-functionally.The Head of LatAm Medical Affairs will partner closely with global colleagues in Medical Affairs, Research, Development, Observation Research, Health Economics, Commercial, Corporate Strategy, Public Affairs and Government Affairs, Legal/Compliance, and Senior Management at the country, regional level and corporate level in order to develop and execute short and long-term strategies and tactics for Gilead products.
- MD, PharmD, or PhD from an accredited university is required, with 10 plus years of relevant professional experience in Medical Affairs, preferably in a similar role in either pharma or large biotech companies for in-country, regional or global Medical Affairs
- 8 years of direct people leadership experience with effective interpersonal skills to effectively manage teams in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific knowledge and credibility to effectively communicate and discuss scientific information with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and solid understanding of the Latin America region's regulations that govern Medical Affairs activities as well as detailed knowledge of medical practices and treatment landscape
- Ability to manage competing priorities and projects, requiring an excellent ability to prioritize and manage expectations by demonstrating the ability to focus on POAs and while analyzing complex issues and drive to timely, thoughtful and realistic solutions and recommendations
- Must play an active role to operationalize strategic execution with the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining agile, adaptive, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company's high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% in and out of region may be required
- Bilingual; English spoken and written fluently, and another language such as Spanish or Portugues
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Head-of-Medical-Affairs---LatAm-_R0015818-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency