Sr Therapeutic Specialist - Vic/Tas
Sr Therapeutic Specialist - Vic/Tas
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years.
Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
We are recruiting for a new Senior Therapeutic Specialist within the Oncology & Haematology team, covering the Victoria and Tasmania territory area for Gilead. This role will have a focus on an existing heritage product,
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities will include:
- Represents Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area.
- Utilizes an in-depth level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals
- Preparing an ongoing business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals.
- Developing and execution of a prioritised individual and account activity plan.
- Achieving ongoing sales targets in assigned territory.
- May assist others with their individual plans and is productive at developing in-depth market interpretation of sales analysis data.
- Initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
To be successful in this position you will hold:
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with a high level of autonomy and independence.
- Experience serving as technical expert of assigned product, therapeutic classes, and patient needs in order to educate/influence key physicians.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and competitor's resources and practices.
- Proven ability to proactively identify issues, opportunities, and resolutions and is able to present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management.
- A BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant selling experience within specialty sales within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience in oncology and/or haematology is highly desired.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Sr-Therapeutic-Specialist---Vic-Tas_R0015879-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency