Sr Manager, Legal & Compliance (HK, SG, MY)
Sr Manager, Legal & Compliance (HK, SG, MY)
China - Hong Kong
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Summary of Job Description
This Sr. Legal Manager role supports the legal and business conduct compliance for Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia, including contract review and management, corporate governance, vendor due diligence review and management, and other business conduct matters and projects. This role will report into the Director of Legal and Business Conduct for Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Contract review and management:
- Drafting and review of various types of agreements, legal and corporate documents as well as non-contractual documents, such as local strategic business plans and other plans of action;
- Develop and manage contract templates, forms and related communications;
- Manage the records retention schedules and systems; and
- Maintain a complete database on contracts and approval.
- Support business conduct compliance matters:
- Create and deliver trainings on local legal and compliance topics e.g. trainings on pharmaceutical law, anti-bribery and corruption, privacy, market access, business conduct, compliance codes, competition & antitrust law and dawn raids etc.;
- Support the design and implementation other legal and compliance guidance materials for employees and business partners in the region;
- Support the efforts in keeping country business conduct policies and procedures up to date and support efficient operation of compliant business activities;
- Conduct and manage due diligence review and approval for local third parties; Provide trainings to other business functions on vendor due diligence process;
- Support the periodic business conduct risk assessments and to share best practices and learnings within Asia or with global expert teams as required;
- Support local efforts to investigate and remedy potential compliance violations and to implement any local learnings;
- Support the local monitoring activities in accordance with global procedures and protocols, including monitoring of interactions with healthcare professionals and institutions, as well as promotional and non-promotional materials and ensuring corrective actions are implemented; and
- Support the implementation of local corrective actions arising out of local audits internally and for local vendors or business partners, distributors.
- Manage corporate governance matters, including statutory and corporate filings, authorization on use of company seals and chops, and etc.
- Works collaboratively with other members of legal departments as well as internal client business partners.
- Sets appropriate priorities with client business partners and delivers results within the established timelines.
- Contributes to multidisciplinary and/or International projects, and takes responsibility for legal aspects of projects under supervision of a more senior attorney as needed.
- Areas of involvement / responsibility may include one or more of the following: regulatory reporting and compliance, corporate policies and procedures, corporate governance, real estate, general contracts, clinical, EH&S, sales and marketing and distribution, HR.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- General knowledge of regulations governing pharmaceutical industry and understanding of contract provisions is required.
- Must be able to explain legal terms and how they affect the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong client service orientation.
- Must have expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Must be able to collaborate well with other members of legal departments as well as internal client departments.
- Must be able to set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results within the established timelines.
- Team player who can manage shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment.
- Motivated and willing to take initiative.
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a Juris Doctorate or fully qualified legal credentials in geography of operations.
- Fully admitted to practice applicable laws in the country or jurisdictions of responsibility.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a Juris Doctorate.
- Preferred experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or highly regulated industry
- English proficiency is required. Cantonese fluency is preferred.
Gilead's Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing);
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith);
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability);
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility);
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity).
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Hong-Kong/Sr-Manager--Legal---Compliance--HK--SG--MY-_R0015951-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency