Manager, Development Business Operations-Site Contracts
Manager, Development Business Operations-Site Contracts
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Position will be accountable for the drafting, negotiation, and review of global Phase I through IV clinical investigative site and related ancillary contracts (together referred to as site contracts) including both language and budget, the management of Functional Service Providers (FSPs) involved in the contracting process. Will require oversight of contract activities for multiple clinical development programs within the various Gilead therapeutic areas, ensuring Gilead Contract Managers and FSP provide adequate level of staff to complete contracts in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner. Must coordinate with the FSPs, Gilead Clinical Operations and Gilead Legal departments to manage and complete the site contract process throughout study duration. Responds and resolves complex issues associated with domestic and international contracts with support from more senior staff and Gilead Legal department. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in working collaboratively with stakeholders, especially senior Development Business Operations management. This position is located in Dublin, Ireland.
- This role can manage the day-today activities in complex clinical trials contracts (CTA) and budget negotiation processes.
- Focuses on site clinical trials contracting, fair market value (FMV) compliance of site contracts, and accountability as it relates to FSP management and site start-up.
- Works with Functional Service Provider (FSP) to implement Site Contracts CALM Contracts Process to ensure efficient delivery of fully executed contracts.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of multiple areas in moderately complex clinical contracts and finance. Including but not limited working closely with internal clinical operations as it related to rapid study sites.
- Evaluates contract and budget changes requested within CTA and identifies business and/or legal risks manage the issue to resolution by proposing and providing alternative solutions to legal or senior management.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides recommendations for solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to make critical decisions related to projects and tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to work in fast paced and changing environment
- Assists other staff in resolving moderately complex issues relating to contract negotiation and management.
- Ability to develop use spreadsheets and tracking tools.
- Manages relationships in conjunction with the Clinical Operations as it relates to clinical trials contracts.
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization
- With the support of internal customers and the legal department, within the contract negotiation process.
- Leads the contract life cycle management process for assigned Clinical Trial Study.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- This role demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of negotiations of clinical trials agreements.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the regulatory implications of contracts as related to clinical research.
- This role must be able to interact on high level with the clinical teams, and project management to provide oversight of negotiations of CTA and clinical budgets.
- Completes tasks and projects under minimal to no supervision.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Significant experience with a BA in a relevant discipline, MS/MBA.
- Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation and/clinical finance
- Competent in computer skills (Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Relevant experience typically includes contract language and budget negotiation, and application of project management principles.
- Global Site Contracting experience a plus.
- Cell Therapy Site Contracting/Budgeting experience a plus.
- Skilled at project management, able to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects and work collaboratively with and through others.
- Demonstrates patience and is able to break down complex information into digestible pieces.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment while producing quality work under time constraint.
- Ability to analyze situations from organizational, departmental perspective (ie considers strategy, culture, structure, systems, people, processes and planning).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, a respect for others, a results-oriented approach and ability to work independently as well as collectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Manager--Development-Business-Operations-Site-Contracts_R0016008
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency