Manager, Research Strategy & Portfolio Management
Manager, Research Strategy & Portfolio Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Responsible for managing multiple nonclinical subteams of Development project teams.
- Works in partnership with nonclinical subteam leaders to ensure timely, efficient, and effective meetings, and to ensure adequate progress on research activities between meetings.
- Co-chairs nonclinicial subteam meetings and is responsible for coordinating team operations and communications.
- Leads the design, implementation, and update of the nonclinical portion of governance documents and project team goals, which form the operational basis for the nonclinical subteam.
- Collaborates with Research and Development functional areas to align on project execution, anticipate risks, and mitigate project issues.
- Informs Research leadership of critical new data and changes in strategy.
- Coordinates the evaluation of new combinations and new indications by ensuring involvement of both Research and Development during nonclinical study plan review and data sharing.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Must be able to support multiple project teams simultaneously and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Should understand the applications, principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project, MS Teams, Sharepoint and other reporting and tracking tools is preferred.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS or MS degree and minimum 8 years of relevant experience, which includes experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a functional area scientist or project manager.
- Experience should include participation in cross-functional project team activities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Research-Strategy---Portfolio-Management_R0015985
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency