Executive Director, Brand Strategy Trodelvy
Executive Director, Brand Strategy Trodelvy
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Executive Director, Brand Strategy - Trodelvy
Global Commercial Product Strategy
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in virology and we developed today's leading medicines for treating and preventing HIV and treating viral hepatitis. More recently Gilead has expanded its oncology portfolio and seeks to become a leader in this critical disease area. In this Executive Director Global Brand Strategy for Trodelvy role, you will drive the global marketing strategy and implementation for Trodelvy, a clinical-stage antibody drug conjugate being developed across a range of solid tumors. From clinical trial design, product launch, new indications and lifecycle management, you'll be providing insights and partnering with local markets, Global Medical Affairs, Global Value and Access, Global Commercial Operations, Clinical Development, Governmental Affairs, Public Affairs to lead the development implement of integrated global Trodelvy commercialization strategies.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Product Strategy, Oncology, in this role you will:
- Develop and execute the Trodelvy commercial strategic vision across solid tumors, balancing near-term and long-term priorities
- This individual will have a team of global Marketers reporting into them, lead a cross functional global commercial team as well as an indication leadership team to build integrated global strategic launch plans that meet global market, regulatory and payer needs and work with global counterparts to develop and implement annual commercial plans that inform country-specific brand plans
- Develop and execute global launch campaigns, including the development of a differentiating strategy, unique branding, compelling positioning and key messaging that maintain or extend our global market position
- Create strong and close working relationship with a few key Gilead markets, including ex-US markets, which you will support and partner with on strategy implementation; Strong forecasting experience required and ex-US commercial experience preferred
- Develop the global brand profile and key marketing deliverables, including global value proposition, messaging, positioning, differential advantages, brand book and, in coordination with Value & Access, global reimbursement and pricing strategy to maximize sales potential while ensuring strategic alignment;
- Conduct strategic marketing activities including market and competitive research and product positioning in close collaboration with cross-commercial disciplines
- Represent global commercial on a Project Strategy Team and help shape clinical / regulatory strategy and planning in close partnership with cross-functional colleagues
- Identify actionable insights based on market research and ensure that the product / brand addresses unmet need areas
- Your ultimate benchmark will be the successful execution of a global commercial Trodelvy strategy that maximizes the overall value of the asset and patient access across the product lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader, experienced oncology Marketer, and experienced global manager with:
- At least 16+ years with BS/BA or 14+ Years with MS/MA/MBA/PhD/PharmD with 12 years of relevant commercial experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Substantial Oncology-specific experience and market knowledge required, in particular in solid tumor malignancies, including breast cancer; Experience in ex-US labeling strategy and ex-US health technology assessment processes
- Ex-US local country experience, particularly in Europe and Canada, preferred
- Substantial experience in product strategic planning, including developing differentiated brand positioning and messaging, develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- A proven track record in launch planning and executing new product launches, effectively communicates with and influences others and seen as a thought partner to senior leaders and cross functional colleagues in the organization and is able to use effective persuasion to gain acceptance of ideas
- Significant previous front line manager experience and complex cross functional leadership
- Supports the development of their team members, including their knowledge, skills and abilities so they can fulfil job responsibilities more effectively and efficiently; Demonstrated track record of people development and mentoring others
- An inspiring leader motivating individuals and teams toward higher levels of engagement and performance aligned with the organizations needs and vision
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans, including branded and unbranded campaign development and tactical planning and budgeting
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
Integrity - Doing What's Right
Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
Teamwork - Working Together
Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Brand-Strategy---Trodelvy_R0016004-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency