Senior Director, R&D Portfolio Strategy & Analytics
Senior Director, R&D Portfolio Strategy & Analytics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Vice President, Portfolio Strategy and Analytics, the Senior Director will build and lead key development portfolio processes, analytics and strategy. This leader will partner with cross-organizational groups to define and develop portfolio planning and strategy approaches, analytics, and insights to optimize the Gilead portfolio. The leader is the key presenter of the deliverables, including insights and recommendations, to both R&D leadership as well as the broader Gilead leadership team. These deliverables will support achievement of corporate goals, portfolio planning, and decisionmaking by project teams and governance committees.
- Work with a cross-functional team and senior leadership to define, build, lead, and drive strategic processes and portfolio analytics development
- Make and support recommendations that consider trade-offs to create an integrated portfolio that aligns with strategic objectives and supports business decisions
- Provide insights into the overall Gilead portfolio that guide near and long-term planning
- Leverage strategic and analytical expertise to implement new portfolio management analysis approaches, tools, and capabilities
- Build and implement risk assessment tools and training to evaluate the probability of success of program advancement. Ensure industry benchmarks are appropriately applied to identify valuable portfolio opportunities and effectively manage portfolio risk
- Ensure all reporting and analysis adheres to high quality and consistency standards
- Partner with cross functional project teams to frame and assess development options, risk, and key decision points
- Support business case development by working with corporate strategy/business development
- 15+ years of relevant experience and a BA or a BS in Sciences, Business, Finance, Market Research or similar and relevant subject; OR MS and 12+ years of relevant experience; OR a PhD and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree a plus (e.g. MBA, PhD) and scientific background preferred
- Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech landscape, R&D trends, decision analysis, business strategy and markets in major disease areas
- Experience influencing senior leaders and teams through communication and facilitation skills
- Significant experience in strategic and analytical roles in a pharma/biotech or consulting
- Proven ability to lead a matrixed cross functional team consisting of representatives from R&D and G&A
- Strong analytic skills, including quantitative modeling and complex problem-solving ability
- Proven ability framing and solving complex problem and the analytical ability to interpret and communicate them effectively
- Strong organizational and communication skills including experience presenting to an executive audience
- Leadership, collaboration, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Must possess the ability to both lead a team while continuing to be a strong working member
- Must be able to work independently and under minimal supervision
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--R-D-Portfolio-Strategy---Analytics_R0015923-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency