Senior Manager, Market Access
Senior Manager, Market Access
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position
Responsible for the management, communication, and implementation of key areas in Market Access across Gilead portfolios including Inflammation. Collaborates with commercial, medical, finance, commercial operations and market access colleagues to develop market access and pricing strategies and to deliver HTA and provincial dossiers needed to achieve reimbursement objectives. Responsible for project management, local and global best practice exchange, development and delivery of key materials and presentations tailored toward CADTH, INESSS, and provincial payors.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
Specific Job Requirements:
- Stay abreast of pharmaceutical price policies, regulations, and legislative changes locally and globally; scenario plan, derive impact analyses for in-market and pipeline products, and effectively communicate output to leadership and appropriate internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage price strategies
- Uses clearly defined processes to perform general monitoring of payer trends and healthcare reform trends.
- Support the implementation of the terms of provincial listing agreements and adjudication process.
- Supports the development and delivery of reimbursement submissions, including clinical and pharmacoeconomic evidence and product value messaging.
- Leads the development of the appropriate pharmacoeconomic models to support payor needs
- Leads the development and delivery of reimbursement submissions, including clinical and pharmacoeconomic evidence and product value messaging
- Develops PLA strategy and helps lead negotiation process with the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA).
- Engages with global market access and pricing colleagues to optimize best practice exchange.
- Assesses reimbursement trends and defines market access strategy to optimize patient access
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications and technical concepts to needs of various audiences
- Demonstrated skills in independently partnering with internal stakeholders and in areas of accuracy, analysis, research, and judgement
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong portfolio management skills and ability to objectively frame, analyze and resolve trade-offs between projects
- Demonstrated analytical capability with a strong interest analytics to serve process optimization
- Knowledge of the CADTH and INESSS Submission Guidelines and processes
- Knowledge of the Canadian reimbursement environment
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Undergraduate degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry or health system experience
- 3 plus years in a Market Access role
- Other pharmaceutical industry experience (marketing, medical, other) an asset.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Senior-Manager--Market-Access_R0014576-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency