Marketing Director, COVID-19
Marketing Director, COVID-19
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This exciting opportunity reports into the Sr Business Unit Director and will lead the development and execution of the strategic business plan, operationalize the tactical execution and overall promotion of Veklury (remdesivir) in Canada. You will also lead the development of the Canadian life cycle plan and support the launch of new indications and formulations as the product pipeline evolves. You will provide strong leadership to cross-functional teams supporting the brand, as well as collaborate closely with the regional commercial organization.
This role will:
- Drive the development of insights through market research and secondary data
- Contribute to the formation of brand strategy and the overall Brand Plan and Promotional Plan of Action (POA).
- Lead the development of tactical plans, messaging and communication strategy, and other customer initiatives aligned to customer communication strategy
- Lead the execution of the sales POA, including development of sales s and remote engagement strategy
- Plan and execute the customer and promotional strategies at key scientific conferences and through digital channels
- Collaborate extensively across the organization to align strategies and execute tactical plans specifically with the cross-functional therapeutic team and senior leadership
- Provide management and leadership to direct report(s); establishes focus, defines clear roles and responsibilities, sets priorities, manages work plans, coaches and develops employees
- Optimize agency utilization and other external resources to address needs
- Achieve brand revenue and closely manages and achieves budget targets
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies
- 10+ years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required, including expertise in marketing and sales of products for use in the hospital setting
- Experience marketing anti-infectives or antiretrovirals, along with experience navigating the Public Health System in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to launch new products and proven track record of driving brand/franchise growth
- Customer-focused thinker with experience navigating stakeholder relationships including government/policy stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement multidimensional marketing and business plans. Demonstrated excellence in digital channels marketing
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory, market access and reimbursement environments
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to a variety of groups and audiences
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing budgets, with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced scientific degree preferred
- Bilingual (French/English) a strong asset
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Marketing-Director--COVID-19_R0014705
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency