Project Manager, Inflammation
Project Manager, Inflammation
Switzerland - Zug
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company based in California and committed to discovering, developing and commercialising innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. This will improve patient care in the areas that matter the most. Inflammation is one of our four therapy areas of focus, and we are advancing a pipeline of novel investigational agents for inflammatory diseases. Over time these will address multiple targets with potential application across a broad range of disorders. Our most advanced agent is a highly selective JAK1 inhibitor. This innovative molecule has now reported three Phase III studies that have successfully met their primary and secondary endpoints in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and will thus support regulatory application in the EMA region in the near future.
We are seeking a Project Manager in our new Inflammation commercial organisation for Switzerland, supporting the first launch in RA, and future launches in a potential of 10 further indications. This role will ensure that all patients who stand to benefit from this innovative medicine will have the chance to do so.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director for the Inflammation franchise (RA and Irritable Bowel Disease - IBD), the Project Manager strategically co-ordinates and lead projects, supports marketing plans implementation across functions, in collaboration with Medical, Sales, Market Research, Corporate Communications and Finance departments to drive activities supporting the team to achieve revenue and results objectives.
- Demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Leverage primary and secondary market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimising marketing tactics
- Analyse complex problems and situations, provide logical recommendations and lead any required action planning
- Drive cross-functional product teams and key stakeholders within Gilead to ensure alignment on strategy, key themes and deliverables
- Collaborate with Medical group to ensure optimal interactions aimed to support product portfolio strategy
- Develops digital strategies for the Brand and ensure its implementation
- Responsible for localization of Global projects in alignment with strategic objectives
- Ensure that all marketing projects rolled out and activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Conducts innovative brainstorming session to challenge status quo and create new concepts supporting the Brand Strategy
- Ensures multichannel customer engagement strategy is applicable and rolled out
- Resources utilization for Digital Brand Strategy implementation
- Collaborates proactively on tactical plan development and implementation
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Should have experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Specialty Care
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields required
- Fluency in German and English
- Previous experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales is required
- MBA or other advanced business degree is desired
- Must show demonstrated excellence in project management and have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the rheumatology / Inflammation / IBD market is preferred
- Experience in managing advanced multichannel activities also strongly recommended
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is a plus
- Must have recognised expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan, including generating publications, organising continuing medical education activities and advocacy development
- Must be very familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitor's resources and practices
- Must have a successful record of developing external relationships leading to brand advocacy
- Must have a track record of successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among, individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Must have strong organisational skills, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion (bias towards execution)
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required
Gilead commercial competencies
Gilead core values
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Switzerland---Zug/Project-Manager--Inflammation_R0015286-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency