Associate Director, Medical Education & Programs
Associate Director, Medical Education & Programs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Medical Education & Programs <<US>>
With minimal direction, contributes to the planning and administration of independent medical education (IMED) programs including researching and assessing applications/proposals and providing recommendations for funding or further action. Works with Medical Affairs senior management and Legal to ensure IMED program grants are brought to fulfillment in compliance with ACCME, FDA, OIG and other relevant U.S. guidelines, as well as Gilead policies and federal/state statutes and regulations. Works with various internal functional areas, as required, and conducts specific projects to ensure clear communication within and across departments. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In partnership with therapeutic area Medical Director and Director of ME&P, develops and leads implementation of IMED functions in annual U.S. Medical Affairs strategic planning, including determination of therapeutic area learning objectives and programs in support of them.
- Serves as core member of the Independent Medical Education Committee and provides recommendations on IMED grant applications.
- Initiates and/or participates in internal cross-functional meetings and external meetings with key stakeholders.
- Maintains working relationships with independent educational providers (IEPs) to ensure appropriate administration of funds and compliance with applicable policies.
- Reviews and assesses all IMED applications/proposals, including online grant applications, and makes recommendations for approval or denial.
- Monitors IMED program budgets, including monthly grant accruals with Finance Department. Assists management with IMED budget development and tracking.
- Supports compliance initiatives relative to IMED Department
- Works in tandem with Senior Director to develop and foster collaborations between Gilead Medical Affairs and medical societies, academic and research institutes and other external stakeholder groups.
- Cultivates synergies between Gilead Medical Affairs and societies with respect to medical education, research and innovation, and patient-centered solutions.
- Collaborates cross-functionally across all TAs to execute a comprehensive approach to medical society engagement.
- Supports and promotes the vision and goals of the Research Scholars Program (RSP) within selected therapeutic areas as its principal program officer.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Recommends and initiates process improvements where necessary.
- Provides training on new process, systems and applications.
- Manages therapeutic area budgets within 3% of projections.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of IMED funding, administration, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to conduct presentations and negotiate desired outcomes in a variety of settings through appropriate use of both verbal and written communication.
- Experienced management skills including planning, prioritization, objective setting, and budgeting are required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in a deadline-driven environment.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Continuing Medical Education in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Relevant advanced degree preferred (e.g. MPH, MEd, or PhD)
- BS/ BA degree plus 10 years of relevant experience may be acceptable
- Fluency with medical communications and terminology; knowledge of health care delivery, policy, and medical education, and corporate grant-making practices are strongly preferred skill sets.
- Knowledge of Gilead therapeutic areas, public health interventions, relevant healthcare policy trends, adult learning principles, educational design, and evaluation techniques for IMED programs is highly desired.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Medical-Education---Programs_R0015306-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency