Sr Manager, Incentive Compensation
Sr Manager, Incentive Compensation
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia.
The Sr. Manager, Incentive Compensation role resides within the Sales Analytics & Operations group in the Incentive Compensation department. The role is responsible for the effective and efficient leadership and execution of all sales incentive compensation activities for multiple therapeutic sales teams.
- Achieve an incentive compensation plan design that motivates the sales people to drive revenue. Includes the design for special incentives and awards, as required.
- Achieve a quota methodology that fairly and equitably allocates the revenue forecast down to the territory level.
- Achieve accurate and timely payouts and performance reporting.
- Effectively partner and manage external vendors to maximize the vendor engagement and performance by driving high quality work product within budget and schedule.
- Provide sales performance insights using advanced and complex analysis. Includes: regular incentive compensation health checks, data quality control, and any ad-hoc requests.
- Achieve alignment on all activities by collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders. Stakeholders include: forecasting, finance, marketing, sales leaders, sales analytics, business conduct, legal, IT, HR, payroll, accounting and data strategy.
- Remove non value-added efforts by identifying and executing continuous improvement activities.
- Impactfully communicate insights, sales results, ideas, and proposals with confidence to all stakeholders.
- Commit to excellent leadership in all activities and processes.
- Process difficult and sensitive questions/decisions using sound judgement and supportiveness.
- Leverage extensive project management and organization skills for optimal workflow, driving timelines, and navigating challenges to the project.
- Demonstrate comprehensive and advanced knowledge about the brand. Includes: Gilead products, competitors, market landscape and disease state.
- Leverage all understanding of the business, market and business objectives to identify new opportunities and strategies to create a better future state.
- Actively listen, trust and respect all stakeholders to develop an impactful business partnership.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in sales compensation, sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or related fields required
- Masters or MBA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools: Excel, PowerPoint, MSTeams, Word, Outlook
- In-depth experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical data sources, preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Incentive-Compensation_R0015570-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency