Sr Manager, Medical Affairs
Sr Manager, Medical Affairs
Taiwan - Taipei
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Working with Country Medical Director on early development of a variety of projects, he/ she provides independent thought and initiative in the further development of specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports
- Attends most major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience
- Review both promotional and non-promotional materials at Promotional Review Committees
- Communicates with external medical community regularly to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them.
- Presents scientific and clinical data for marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products
- Identifies and develops opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Establishes strong scientific relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers
- Works on Gilead phase 4 program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in other functions such as Sales, Marketing, Regulatory etc.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant scientific data
- Must be cognizant of regulatory requirements for field-based personnel
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the management or investigation of clinical trials is highly desirable.
- Clinical patient contact experience is highly desirable
- Typically requires a BS or MS degree in a scientific discipline and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a medically related endeavor. MD, PharmD or PhD with clinical and research experience in the key therapeutic areas are highly preferred
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Taiwan---Taipei/Sr-Manager--Medical-Affairs_R0015579-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency