Administrative Coordinator, COVID 19
Administrative Coordinator, COVID 19
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will service as an Administrative Assistant in support of the Executive Director, Marketing, COVID 19.
In addition to Administrative Assistant responsibilities the primary responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes workload involving multiple large projects/timelines. Such projects may include coordinating or leading the implementation of new and/or revised software applications/databases including interfacing with vendors, ensuring user training, etc. with minimal guidance.
- Arranges for needed resources in order to meet timelines.
- Uses advanced level software programs such as Excel, ChemDraw, Filemaker Pro, Access and PowerPoint to create graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and LCD presentations.
- Under manager's direction, creates draft reports, documents, presentations and templates using raw data.
- May gather data using internet searches.
- Understands the goals and objectives of the entire department and contributes to the attainment of those G&O's.
- Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly.
- Responsible for coordinating large events which includes the planning, organizing and implementation of a number of event activities.
- Liaises with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations.
- Typically, coordinates the preparation of annual budget, reviews monthly budget, reviews and researches variances.
- May coordinate group lease cars requirements and activities (at International Locations).
- May assist with facilities space planning or office set-up.
- May screen and prioritize manager's mail and email.
- Assists in the orientation of new administrative assistants and other staff.
- Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period of time.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required. Requires knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures. Must possess good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents. Has the ability to review the work of lower level administrative assistants. Advanced knowledge and experience using a number of office software. Works under minimal supervision. Receives occasional direction from manager to perform non-routine job responsibilities and duties.
- Specific education and experience requirements:
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3-5+ years administrative experience.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Administrative-Coordinator--COVID-19_R0015781
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency