Director, Social Media
Director, Social Media
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Social Media
Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate Content and Social Media, this individual will lead the development and execution of the company's social media strategy. This person will partner closely with colleagues on the corporate communications team, as well as with our therapeutic area communications, community engagement and corporate giving teams, to deliver impactful campaigns that advance our story.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Lead the company's corporate social media program, working with colleagues across the organization to develop engaging, vibrant, best-in-industry social media content and campaigns.
- Manage external agency partners to develop social media content and campaigns, overseeing creation of paid social strategy and ensuring that high-quality content is delivered on time, with appropriate quality control.
- Partner closely with media relations, corporate communications and entire public affairs team to ensure that our social media content elevates our brand and shapes the internal/external narrative about our work.
- Collaborate with colleagues on corporate content team to contribute to and execute against an editorial calendar, reflecting events and trends, externally and internally, locally and globally.
- Work closely with media and analytics team, to use data to drive campaigns and ensure we are reaching target audiences.
- Amplify newsroom content and other campaigns through earned media in partnership with media and analytics team.
- Provide input to ensure corporate narrative and brand are well represented in all content.
- Work closely with employee engagement team to ensure that we are telling positive stories, internally and externally, about Gilead's culture.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- BA/BS degree in communications, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field and 12+ years of relevant experience, or MA/MS and 10+ years of relevant experience
- At least 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry leading a team with two or more direct reports
- Previous experience leading programmatic work
- Deep understanding of paid/organic social media
- Knowledge of analytics frameworks that help teams understand data and how it impacts communications efforts
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a social/digital media strategy from ideation to execution
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and agencies
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple, high-urgency projects simultaneously; flexibility is essential
- Strong project and budget management capabilities
- Understanding of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Social-Media_R0015813-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency