Sr Associate Scientist, Inflammation
Sr Associate Scientist, Inflammation
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Sr Associate Scientist - Inflammation
The Immunology & Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a motivated Senior Associate Scientist with strong immunology, cellular assay development and flow cytometry expertise. In this role, the candidate will independently plan, develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo flow cytometric and other cellular assays from the blood and tissues of human and pre-clinical species to evaluate small molecules. The candidate will regularly present results in a project team setting, collaborate with other team members, and deliver impactful, high-quality data to progress projects forward.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Develop and execute complex flow cytometry assays
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel to develop research methods
- Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis is required
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects
- Read relevant literature to develop methods and enhance the understanding of mechanisms of action of small molecules
- Present both formal and informal results to biology/project teams
- Work independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated expertise in both multi-color (8+) flow cytometry and assay development in an industry setting
- Experience with the isolation of primary immune cells from blood and tissues and the development of subsequent functional assays
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo model systems of inflammation
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree with 14+ years of experience or MS degree in biology with 13+ years of experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills
- Must be a flexible, results oriented, and independent researcher who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Sr-Associate-Scientist--Inflammation_R0015752-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency