Manager, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Manager, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Plans, executes and tracks a variety of manufacturing projects both internally and in coordination with contract manufacturers.
- Contributes to the development of department strategies.
- Exercises judgment within generally well-defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments.
- Oversees and contributes to the completion of all technical and operational activities for manufacturing through management of internal and external resources.
- Manages complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure product meets regulatory requirements.
- Generates and maintains Learning Plans and Training Modules. Trains new employees in SOPs and documentation systems.
- Responsible for initiating and directing the implementation of manufacturing changes on multiple projects across multiple production sites.
- Evaluates the tracking flow of projects against established timelines, and prioritizes activities based on changing requirements.
- Directs the timing and problem resolution while coordinating the approvals between Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Legal, Manufacturing and Package Engineering.
- Ensures all manufacturing documentation (Specifications, Master Production Records, and Worksheets etc.) is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Directs activities within the manufacturing group to meet company goals including production schedules, budgeting, training, and performance reviews.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and working knowledge of regulatory filing requirements and guidance documents (i.e. SUPAC, PACPAC).
- Is able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong computer, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively with peers in organization.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully supervise and support junior staff.
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a BS or BA.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a MS. Prior experience in a cGMP related industry is required, within Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
We offer you the opportunity to work within a culture of highly motivated, talented individuals who are dedicated to the company's mission. Each job provides wide-ranging responsibilities due to our cross-functional organizational structure and leadership style, which ensures that everyone is engaged, committed and accountable
We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to work together and support each other to help make a real difference in the lives of patients - people who thrive on performing well within a challenging and fast-paced environment, living our core values of Integrity (always doing the right thing), Teamwork (collaborating in good faith), Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability), Accountability (taking personal responsibility) and Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Manager--Pharmaceutical-Manufacturing_R0014753
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency