Associate Counsel, Corporate Legal
Associate Counsel, Corporate Legal
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is seeking an attorney with 2-4 years of experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts to join its Corporate Legal team. This role will include (i) drafting and negotiating various contracts and other legal documents in support of a broad range of client groups, which may include Human Resources, Finance, Public Affairs, Government Affairs & Policy, Commercial, Facilities and IT; (ii) being the primary point of contact on legal contract issues for one or more client groups; and (iii) working closely with the Corporate Legal team to support other projects and work as needed. The individual must thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative corporate environment.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
The person in this position will, among other things:
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment and ability to draft, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal documents to support a broad range of client groups within Gilead.
- Advise and provide training to Gilead's internal clients on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks.
- Collaborate and work with other departments within Gilead, including Finance, Intellectual Property, Risk Management, Procurement, IT and Business Conduct.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, including creating and updating contract templates and standard terms.
- Train and advise contract specialists in the Corporate Legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Provide support on Corporate Legal projects, as needed.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals across various departments globally.
- Appropriately manage workflow, set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results efficiently.
- Think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice in at least one U.S. state bar (preferably California).
- 2-4 years of experience at a national law firm and/or in-house experience drafting and negotiating a variety of legal contracts and transactional documents, with ability to handle responsibility with a minimum of supervision. Experience with transactions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not required.
- Solid grasp of contracting concepts and strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by prioritizing projects and responding efficiently and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- A team player who is collaborative, resourceful, flexible and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), research skills and attention to detail.
- Good business judgment, high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive business matters.
- Dedicated to Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Counsel--Corporate-Legal_R0014752
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency