Senior Medical Manager EE12
Senior Medical Manager EE12
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
POSITION SUMMARY: The position holder will be the Medical Affairs affiliate lead aiming to further establish and enhance the Gilead anti-COVID-19 footprint in the EE12 Region by 1) providing strategic input and 2) conceiving and executing medical activities during the life cycle management of the Gilead product(s). The Eastern Europe 12 region consists of 12 distributor operated countries and the planning and execution of strategy includes direct Gilead organized projects and activities, while maintaining close collaboration with Distributors as necessary. Currently, the incumbent will also be partially supporting Greece & Cyprus, in close collaboration with the local team. The cross functional alignment, business acumen, leadership and collaboration with Gilead and Distributor functions is a must. Ability for enhanced travelling is a prerequisite.
- Experience & thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry & Medical Affairs departmental policies,
processes, while being an excellent fit to the Gilead core values.
- Expertise in Viral Diseases required
- Mentality & success in working cross functionally and in leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Agility, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Success in developing/growing a functional area
- Success in working closely with management to develop effective and creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to influence individuals, groups outside immediate control
- Ability to manage in moderately high / highly complex multiple projects simultaneously
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires an advanced degree in health sciences [MD preferably, MS, PhD, PharmD, MBA]
- Relevant experience is highly desirable
- Experience in collaboration with distributors, highly appreciated
- Excellent command of English language
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Working without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude, manages one or more of the following functions:
Creation and implementation of the following Medical Affairs processes:
- Local strategic planning (Medical Affairs Plan of Action) and strategic input in the Global
Medical Affairs Plan (upon request). Budgeting capabilities.
-Strategic input for the development of the local & international Brand Plan
- Phase IV proposal review and processing, in line with strategic priorities
- Annual conference travel plan
- Significant field presence
- Conceiving and planning data generation projects, addressing data gaps
Event Planning, Organization & Realization
Including but not limited to:
- Medical Affairs Advisory Programs
- Medical Affairs portion at National Congresses
- Medical Education events
Further to the strategic and office-based activities
- Ability to communicate effectively on scientific topics and data with external stakeholders; ability to tailor the communication according to audience and needs
Enhanced travelling ability
Travel may be required up to 50% of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Senior-Medical-Manager-EE12_R0014760-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency