Sr Product Manager, Foster City, CA
Sr Product Manager, Foster City, CA
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Product Manager - Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Marketing, Foster City, CA
The Sr Product Manager role on the CF Marketing Team will report to the Executive Director of CF Marketing and Sales. This role will be responsible for leading and executing promotional initiatives for Cayston.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Develops and leads key elements of the promotional brand strategy aligned to the brand campaign
- Drives execution through the management and partnership with external agencies, internal cross-functional partners, and field sales. Regularly measures the success of initiatives.
- Implements product promotional communication strategy for HCP promotions ensuring alignment with the overall brand strategy
- Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process including management reviews and Med-Legal-Reg. Secures final production.
- Works cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Leadership Legal, Regulatory, Medical and other key internal stakeholders.
- Analyzes complex brand opportunities and provides logical recommendations; leads any required action planning.
- Provides tactical and strategic input on key planning teams such as: conventions, sales meetings, and sales training.
- Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Manages the professional marketing budget and project timelines.
- Establishes strong working relationships with local and national level Key Opinion Leaders.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience.
- Track record of successful pharmaceutical/biotech marketing
- Proven ability to leverage market insights from multiple data sources, including market research, advisory boards and field force input to uncover needs and develop opportunities
- Experience in strategic brand development and in leading brand plans for late lifecycle products
- Experience with marketing strategy, sales and regulatory policies and practices.
- Ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans.
- Experience in working with opinion leaders and developing opinion leader meetings and programs
- Proven ability in the execution of multiple/complex initiatives within the marketing mix which require tactful cross-functional execution
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to efficiently and productively communicate to a variety of groups and audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials.
- Ability to successfully work with external agencies, including advertising, public relations and medical education vendors to develop programs and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking.
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutic Area knowledge, Orphan disease and Hospital/Institutional marketing experience are a plus
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech sales and/or sales management experience is a plus
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Product-Manager--Foster-City--CA_R0015445-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency