Systems Analyst III, R&D Information Systems
Systems Analyst III, R&D Information Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Systems Analyst III
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
- With limited guidance, may lead a small team in the development and maintenance of business applications.
- Participates in the evaluation, design, and development of applications that automate and support across Development.
- Participates in architectural design, integration of Azure and AWS platforms, general maintenance and troubleshooting for Development systems and portals.
- Plans and implements software development upgrade releases.
- Provides technical solutions and end-user support for multiple systems.
- Develops and reviews applicable systems, code review and other guidelines.
- May provide on-the-job guidance to others.
- Coordinates infrastructure requirements with Information Technology peers.
- Works with business and Information Technology partners to enhance applications to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
- May investigate project feasibility, prepare project cost and benefit estimates, estimates project resource needs for staff and consultants
- Can work directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the problem root cause and customer's comfort level with application; assess more complex problems including those escalated by junior staff.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain and developed systems independently.
- Strong documentation and customer service skills.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects or responsible for individual business targets.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of software development and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- MS degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Expert development knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Online, master pages, page layout, custom web parts, content type and hub, taxonomy, custom workflows, web services, site definition and templates, power apps.
- Expert in designing and developing enterprise SharePoint portals and business applications.
- Excellent understanding of the following frameworks: Angular JS, Kendo UI, React JS, SPFx, High Charts.
- Extensive understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in software development.
- Experience developing applications and components using Azure Services and Power Platform.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, Configuring Shared Service Provide, Microsoft FAST search, Stored Procedures, Azure Virtual Machine management and services.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Systems-Analyst-III--R-D-Information-Systems_R0014739
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency