Head of IT Operations
Head of IT Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position Posting Title: Head of IT Operations
Specific Responsibilities & Skills
The Head of IT Operations will report directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and be responsible for overseeing functions including:
- Vendor Management: Oversees end-to-end vendor activities including understanding the intricacies of each technology, process, software, and tool being outsourced and driving appropriate sourcing strategy, relationship management, vendor landscape, renewal and pipeline management, negotiations, reporting and analytics, and performance management.
- Financial Management: Serves as key liaison to the Gilead Finance team on overall financial management for the IT organization to ensure accurate and cost-effective stewardship of the oversight of expenditures required to deliver IT products and services.
- Global Program Management Office: Manages risks and dependencies for all major programs, drives the portfolio planning process, owns IT tools for project execution, and drives alignment for execution to budget.
- IT Architecture: Owns documentation of the technology vision and direction for the enterprise including target-state architectures and roadmaps, appropriate application portfolio management, strategic governance of architecture reviews, software, and programs, and Business and IT technology alignment.
- IT Strategy: Drives the ongoing development, coordination, and execution of the integrated IT strategy including labor, investment choices, organizational priorities, and scorecards and dashboards as well as ensures governance and the definition of IT ways of working (for example, common methodologies, processes, and tools for developing and operating IT)
- Program and Organizational Change Management: Partners closely with CIO Chief of Staff to enable employee engagement, communication, and development for pan-IT organization.
- Performance Management: Plans and executes IT internal operations, coordinating the operational reviews and usage of operational metrics, cost to serve, managed services effectiveness, financial data and analytics to enhance organizational efficiency and scale of the IT organization.
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Partners with the IT Leadership Team in providing technology vision and direction for the enterprise.
- Drives focus and prioritization within the IT organization through establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes.
- Leads governance and execution of IT internal operations including mapping to strategy and dashboard measures.
- Facilitates operations and usage of a comprehensive set of IT metrics and financial details that paint a picture of where resources are allocated or consumed in an organized fashion to inform decision making (operational metrics, cost to serve, managed services effectiveness, financial data, and analytics).
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance as well as performance management frameworks and metrics to ensure the IT organization delivers value to the enterprise.
- Establishes and implements continuous improvement and operational excellence programs for the IT organization.
- Works with the IT Leadership Team providing broad insight to IT domains and capabilities in support of enterprise-wide business decisions.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT and user experience.
- Is responsible for directing the preparation, review, and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the IT organization working closely with Finance.
- Regularly reviews IT costs and cost structures for IT services and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT and business executives.
- Oversees the management of strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Oversees IT workforce management, including the sourcing, training and development of staff, working closely with HR.
- Oversees the execution of high-impact, enterprise-wide, strategic programs, and initiatives.
- May assume full CIO responsibilities (or those responsibilities as directed) during the CIO's absence.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years in IT and business/industry
- A minimum of 5-7 years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport, and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Head-of-IT-Operations_R0015580
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency