Principal, Medical Affairs, Oncology (Mid Atlantic)
Principal, Medical Affairs, Oncology (Mid Atlantic)
United States - California - Los AngelesUnited States - North Carolina - CharlotteUnited States - Massachusetts - BostonUnited States - Maryland - Baltimore
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This field-based Principal Medical Scientist will be part of a team of Medical Scientists reporting to a Field Director. The MS will disseminate clinical information about Gilead's innovative hematology and oncology products to thought-leaders, academic institutions, healthcare professionals, and professional organizations. The geography includes Mid Atlantic region.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead heme/onc products
- Delivers timely, accurate, and succinct clinical and scientific presentations to heme/ onc healthcare providers, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance, PhRMA guidelines, and FDA regulatory requirements
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives
- Provides independent thought and initiative in the preparation and completion of a variety of projects and ensuing reports.
- Participates in special projects based on extensive knowledge base, experience and competency, using a degree of autonomy in the preparation and completion of projects and reports, and by establishing relationships with internal and with external contacts as needed
- Identifies and develops relationships with regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products; establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits
- Serves as a medical resource to Gilead's heme/onc Therapeutic Sales Specialists, and provides sales force with training at national and regional levels
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and clinical conferences
- Supports Gilead Phase IV program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Selects sites for both Phase IV and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates complex obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Sought out from within and outside Gilead for advice and collaboration on complex issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Supports the development, deployment, and appropriate use of field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks)
- Maintains familiarity with all relevant complex scientific data, and commits to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Has the ability to work as a member of several teams, such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Adheres to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
- Ability to travel > 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Los-Angeles/Director--Medical-Affairs--US-Medical-Affairs-Lead--Oncology_R0015585
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency