Director, Commercial Learning and Development -Intercontinental Region
Director, Commercial Learning and Development -Intercontinental Region
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Commercial Learning & Development, Intercontinental Region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Global Commercial Operations (GCO) - Head of Commercial Operations of the Intercontinental Region, and based in Foster City, this individual will spearhead the Commercial Learning & Development Center of Excellence supporting Commercial Learning & Development initiative across the entire Intercontinental region and will be also directly responsible for CL&D execution in the LATAM 9 (focus on Colombia, Chile and Argentina) countries, as well as providing support for the Middle East, Russia, Asia 5, Mexico and Brazil as needed.
The successful leader will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across a global organization and communicate with leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions: Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following
- Close collaboration and partnership with Global CL&D to co-develop training resources
- Develop CL&D execution plan in ICR with country input
- Disease State & Product Knowledge MasteryDrive best in class Disease State and Product Knowledge Mastery in ICR
- Closely work with country teams and ICO teams to assess the training needs in ICR
- Train the trainer, web-based training, live training programs
- Leverage TM's regionally to execute training where needed
- Product certification
- Sustainment Training
- Selling Skills & Competencies
- Alignment with Global CL&D on Competency Effectiveness
- Gilead Selling model and sales competency training to Affiliates and Distributor partners to ensure a clear understanding of Gilead Core values and execution expectations
- Manage Training Resource in ICR
- Create Innovative training resources to meet to the needs of the key ICR countries
- Source and or create innovative selling tools based on current adult learning principles
- Leverage innovative models; Gilead Academy to drive people development and retention LMS update
- Needs Assessment/Training Resource Inventory Mangement/Vendor Management
- Perform an extensive needs inventory assessment of current road maps and resources utilized throughout ICR Commercial Operations
- Manage Training Resource in ICR, and provide timely support for country teams
- Evaluation of Regulatory approval documents as a prioritization tool and ensure BC alignment
- Budget and Vendor management
- Cross Functional/Collaborative Partnerships
- Build allyship with global CL&D partners to ensure brand messaging and strategy alignment
- Recurring meetings with cross functional stakeholder- internal and external to ensure that we are meeting the overall objectives of ICR Com Ops and Gilead
- Align with Digital & Innovation to ensure resources optimization
- Launch readiness plans and Market research- ATU evaluations
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion; and upholding Gilead Leadership Commitments
Skills and experience:
- 12+ years of experience working in the bio pharmaceutical and/or health care industry in Commercial roles with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities. Must be able to establish credibility as a successful commercial leader
- BA/BS degree required with an MBA or advanced scientific degree highly desired
- Experience in the Intercontinental countries (especially in LATAM) is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling training to large audiences
- Demonstrated ability to connect and align stakeholders of diverse backgrounds/countries
- Excellent influencing skills: managing without authority
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams or work groups
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Commercial-Learning-and-Development--Intercontinental-Region_R0015629
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency