Associate Director, ACE Medical Information Content Lead
Associate Director, ACE Medical Information Content Lead
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an ACE Medical Information Content Lead. The Associate Director will be responsible for the development and maintenance of European medical information content for one or more therapeutic areas, for use by medical information/medical affairs staff in the ACE affiliates to respond to requests from health care professionals and patients. Key responsibilities include partnering with the Global TA medical information team to understand global content workplans, utilise global content to create regional documents, and to provide regional feedback on content needs; partnering with affiliate medical information/medical affairs staff to understand their content needs; leading strategic initiatives that improve the ability of the region to respond to customer requests; lead and manage vendors/staff.
Routine responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Utilising Global Response Documents (GRDs) to create European Response Documents (ERDs) that are aligned with the European Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) and regional guidelines/regulations
- Updating ERDs to ensure alignment with the current SmPC, and tracking this process in MedDocs
- Updating ERDs as needed when the source GRD is updated, or if no literature update has been conducted within the previous 12 months
- Creating de novo ERDs as needed for European specific topics, or to meet the needs of European affiliates
- Encouraging tracking of content usage by affiliates to ensure compliance, to identify usage of content in responses to MI requests, and to identify data gaps and needs for additional content
- Facilitating the use of MedDocs by affiliates and encouraging the development of local response documents (LRDs) as appropriate for customer needs
- Evaluating affiliate content needs through use of analytic tools and medical information systems. Using this data to identify data gaps, additional content requirements, opportunities for operational efficiencies and areas of risk
- Develops and applies complex and often long term strategies to promote alignment across affiliates, consistency of medical information processes for responding to customer requests, and enhancements needed for digital delivery of information
- Updating and ensuring compliance with Medical Information work practices and operating procedures across the ACE region
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate level of knowledge of products, disease states and competitor landscape for assigned therapeutic areas
- Training staff and vendors/contact centres on use of medical information content
- Oversight of vendors used to support ERD development and maintenance
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of writing and managing medical information content
- Ability to build strong relationships and have a customer focused mindset
- Strong ability to partner effectively in a matrix organization and influence cross-functionally at various levels across geographies
- Experience of leading projects and change management activities
- Experience in independently facilitating and leading cross-functional teams through analysis, planning and decision making
- Proven track record in working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Highly self-motivated and able to perform multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Excellent project management, analytical, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable regulations regarding the dissemination of medical information, drug promotion and adverse event and product quality complaint reporting
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Educated to degree level or above within a scientific or medical discipline
- Experience of working within the pharmaceutical industry, within the Medical Information department
- Experience of managing medical information content is required, including writing and updating content
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Associate-Director--ACE-Medical-Information-Content-Lead_R0015542-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency