Sr. Research Associate II, (Protein Purification) Process Development, Oceanside, CA
Sr. Research Associate II, (Protein Purification) Process Development, Oceanside, CA
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Biologics Development operations at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking motivated, team oriented individuals with scientific expertise in process development as well as pre-clinical and clinical operations related to recombinant proteins. Reporting to a Senior Research Scientist in Purification Development, you will have the opportunity to work and direct teams for the early and late stage clinical development of our protein molecules.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:
- A thorough understanding of purification process development for early and late stage protein therapeutics is required. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate hands-on technical leadership in the laboratory, oversee and delegate experimental/project responsibilities as needed, champion technology development projects, be involved in new product evaluation, scale-up, process optimization, definition of process platforms, with Technical Operations technology transfer to clinical/commercial manufacturing and authoring/reviewing regulatory documents.
- Broad understanding of downstream development and scale up including centrifugation, normal flow filtration, chromatography operations, tangential flow filtration, and virus inactivation/removal.
- Participate in technology transfer from process development to clinical and commercial GMP manufacturing, including CMO selection, definition of bill of materials, batch record review, and discrepancy resolution. Serves as process development representative during purification operations, provides technical trouble-shooting and identifies opportunities for future process and equipment improvements.
- The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments. Ability to proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. This is a highly collaborative environment where willingness and ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals across various project teams is essential.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking. The applicant is also expected to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Strong skills to mentor, motivate, and develop more junior people in the group is highly desirable.
- Makes decisions affecting direction of project and for ensuring project timelines are met.
- Makes key insights and decisions to direct project with minimal data if necessary and understands impact of results. Writes technical reports. Delivers presentations in technical review.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments, with increasing independence, that support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Executes reactions and makes key observations during reaction, work-up and isolation.
- Familiar with Pilot Plant operations and able to write master batch records and safety summaries with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Always works with safety in mind.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve experimental results.
- Demonstrate skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant biotech/pharmaceutical scientific discipline.
- 3+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant biotech/pharmaceutical scientific discipline.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Sr-Research-Associate-II---Protein-Purification--Process-Development--Oceanside--CA_R0014939-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency