Director, Medical Affairs, US Liver and Fibrosis
Director, Medical Affairs, US Liver and Fibrosis
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Medical Affairs
US Medical Affairs - Liver Diseases and Fibrosis
Reporting to the Senior Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Diseases and Fibrosis, the Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Diseases and Fibrosis is a subject matter expert responsible for providing medical support to the development of the US Liver Diseases and Fibrosis Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the US Liver Diseases and Fibrosis team. The Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Diseases and Fibrosis will support current Liver Disease areas including developing and executing the HBV and HCV POAs and emerging fibrosis areas as warranted.
As an integral part of the US Liver Diseases and Fibrosis Medical Affairs Team, and in close collaboration with the Global Medical Affairs Liver Diseases and Fibrosis team and cross-functional partners, the Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Diseases and Fibrosis will establish and maintain the tenor of Gilead's scientific communications with the HCP, Research and Patient Communities in the US. He/She will also provide frequent internal and external input into the development of both the US and Global Liver Diseases and Fibrosis Medical Affairs Strategic Plans.
The Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Diseases and Fibrosis will advise on the development of Medical Education, Phase IV, and publication/communication strategies based on US regional insights, strategy and objectives. He/She will co-lead the development of data generation and life cycle management initiatives and support the learning and development of internal stakeholders. Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of the US Strategic Plan and US Plan of Action for medical affairs in Liver Diseases and Fibrosis
- Functioning as an essential and initiative focused part of a vertically integrated team generating and deploying an overall strategy for optimizing content and delivery in the US Liver Disease and Fibrosis market; execute from a strategic, detail-oriented, and operational perspective
- Leading the execution of the US Plan of Action, including patient engagement planning, advisory board planning, data generation efforts, and the execution of projects (including a focus on digital approaches) that will provide more extensive background or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, educational or data needs
- Preparing and giving presentations for internal training and to external audiences
- Serving as a medical and content expert for internal stakeholders
- Representing Gilead at key medical conferences and congresses
- Serve on Independent Medical Education (IMED) Committee to review and give medical perspective on IMED proposals within the US
- Oversee medical and scientific review of US promotional materials for PRC
- Other activities, as assigned, to support Liver Disease and Fibrosis Medical Affairs
- Advanced degree (i.e. PhD, MD, Pharm D, NP/PA)
- 5+ years of experience in liver disease and viral hepatitis clinical and/or pharmaceutical development
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise regarding Gilead Liver Disease and Fibrosis clinical trials and clinical use, pipeline, and competitive products
- An ability to think medically and strategically about the short- and long-term impacts within the US HBV and HCV landscapes and potential emerging fibrosis areas
- An ability to lead collaboratively across various internal stakeholders, to inspire others and develop trusted partnerships, with a preference for prior supervisory/leadership experience
- A strong ability to interpret and articulate clinical data
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills) along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences, which will include occasional weekend travel
Display of Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--US-Liver-Medical-Affairs-_R0015083-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency