Research Scientist, Digital Pathology
Research Scientist, Digital Pathology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated image analysis scientist to join the Pathobiology group within Nonclinical Safety and Pathobiology in support of research and development projects across the Gilead Sciences drug development pipeline.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external collaborators to identify and validate novel drug targets and further our understanding of the pathobiology in oncology, virology, fibrosis and inflammation. Responsibilities will include developing, customizing and executing efficient whole-slide image analysis workflows in the multiplex space and presenting data to project teams. You will have a background in biological or computational sciences or a related quantitative discipline. Experience with image analysis software (e.g. Halo, Visiopharm, MATLAB, Python) and knowledge of brightfield or fluorescence image analysis (e.g. filtering signal channels, object segmentation, feature detection and classification) is required. Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB) and whole slide scanning technologies is a plus.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, exhibit excellent organizational and communication skills, demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight timelines, thrive with a high degree of responsibility and be a proficient team-player in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment. Applicants should be able to troubleshoot independently and show curiosity-driven engagement in scientific problems.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Conduct high-quality image-based data analysis and generate detailed reports to support internal decision making.
- Evaluate and implement new computational approaches in digital pathology to support understanding of histopathological endpoints.
- Ensure integrity and deadline-driven timely completion of analysis workflows, data package generation, and report submission.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- BS or MS with several years of experience or PhD with extensive background in biological science/engineering or in a field related to signal/image processing, pattern recognition, and/or computer vision.
- Programming skills and experience with one or more of MATLAB, CellProfiler, Fiji, OME, OpenCV, Aperio, HALO, QuPath or Visiopharm is highly desirable.
- Experience with whole-slide imaging in support of histopathology data collection and analysis is preferred.
- Specific expertise in predictive modeling using statistical and machine learning methods is a plus.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large internal, public and commercial datasets and with visualization is a plus.
- Experience in deep learning and convolutional neural networks and its applications to image processing and computer vision is a plus.
- Familiarity with cell biology and microscopy is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Digital-Pathology_R0015779-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency