United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Director of Epidemiology will lead epidemiology activities and/or projects to support new drug development and post-marketing activities, including the design and execution of observational studies for selected products or a therapeutic area. The person will have primary responsibility for designing and analyzing pharmacoepidemiology studies with appropriate methods and data sources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, direct, and execute multiple pharmacoepidemiology studies, including real-world evidence (RWE) studies, surveys, and prospective cohort studies
- Develop and/or review Statistical Analysis Plans
- Lead the analyses of real-world healthcare databases
- Oversee and/or actively contribute to the completion of all analytical/validation activities for multiple studies/projects, in collaboration with Epidemiology Programming
- Utilize epidemiology expertise with multiple data sources throughout the product lifecycle
- Lead other epidemiology activities, including interaction with CROs, to accomplish business objectives
- Contribute and develop epidemiologic content for risk management plans, and actively contribute to identification and assessment of safety signals
- Oversee and actively contribute to preparation and review of safety documents in response to regulatory authorities
- Identify, assess, and oversee the integration/implementation of new data resources, methods, technology and analytic tools
- Demonstrate excellent computer and data analytic skills, including knowledge of SAS and other statistical software
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate and summarize epidemiological content and actively participate in strategic discussions across the wider organization
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work remotely, both independently and as an active team member within cross-functional teams
- Lead internal and external educational initiatives. Mentor junior departmental staff to ensure competence in epidemiologic skills and knowledge
- Lead interpretation of analysis results, preparation of study reports, conference abstracts, presentations and manuscripts.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD in Epidemiology or an MD/PharmD and MPH/MS in epidemiology or related field with 6+ years of relevant experience in epidemiologic research
- Experience working with RWE in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Epidemiology_R0013820-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency