Research Scientist, Oncology/Immuno-Oncology
Research Scientist, Oncology/Immuno-Oncology
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Research Scientist - Oncology/Immuno-Oncology
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to support the discovery and development of novel therapeutics focused on enhancing anti-tumor immunity.
The successful candidate will design and conduct biological experiments to investigate potential targets in pathways that influence recognition of cancer cells by the immune system. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to) immunogenic cell death, epigenetic regulation of immunogenicity, neoantigen generation, antigen processing and presentation, and immunosuppressive signaling in the tumor cell or tumor microenvironment.
- Design, perform, and oversee evaluation of new molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents.
- Define critical path studies needed to support hypothesis-based research.
- Analyze and interpret complex data, formulate conclusions, and propose experimental strategies within the context of broader project goals.
- Identify, define, and oversee external collaborations/CROs which support projects in oncology therapeutic targets.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings and external contacts.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of molecular and biological pathways which contribute to cancer development and interaction with the immune system.
- Experience designing and executing scientific studies for the discovery and investigation of non-clinical drug development candidates.
- Knowledge of pre-clinical models of cancer including xenografts, genetically modified models, patient derived tumor explants and syngeneic tumor models. Experience with tumor-immune cell co-culture models is an asset.
- Excellent technical skills applicable to state-of-art cellular biology and pharmacology. Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is an asset.
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary, matrix environment with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills, both written and oral.
- PhD in molecular or cellular biology or equivalent scientific discipline with a focus on immuno-oncology or cancer cell biology highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral experience in academia. Academic candidates should have a proven record of publication.
- Experience designing and executing scientific studies
- In vivo knowledge or experience needed for this role to support external partners
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is highly preferred
- Experience with tumor-immune cell co-culture models is an asset.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Research-Scientist--Pre-clinical-Immuno-Oncology_R0014946-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency