Research Scientist, Clinical Virology
Research Scientist, Clinical Virology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Research Scientist - Clinical Virology
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Scientist to support HBV and other viruses cure programs. The candidate will work in a highly productive team environment to execute clinical virology efforts by cross-functional communication of virology results for regulatory submissions and by providing medical affair and commercial support of marketed products. He/she will collaborate closely with Bioinformatics scientists on projects to explore viral sequencing datasets, viral evolution and diversity, and correlation with responses to antivirals in clinical trials. The candidate will perform laboratory work to investigate hypotheses derived from viral sequencing data analyses.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Design, execute, and oversee experiments to investigate development drug-resistance and other virologic markers associated with treatment outcomes in clinical studies.
- Work with internal teams as well as academic, government, and industry collaborators and vendors to support hypothesis-based research.
- Execute essential functions of clinical virology for HBV regulatory submissions, provide medical affair and commercial support of marketed products.
- Communicate high impact and clear presentations on data and interpretations to project teams, R&D management, and scientific community.
- Author and review clinical virology data in support of key regulatory documents and publications.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances in relevant fields and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings and external contacts.
- Effective team player who thrives in a high pace environment where excellence, accountability and innovation are critical for success.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in virology and molecular biology.
- Strong understanding of next-generation sequencing techniques is preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional and team-based environment.
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to integrate into and work within a high-paced multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to translate ideas and data into concise written and/or verbal communications for publications, conference presentations, clinical study reports, and regulatory filings (IND and NDA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and coordinate external scientific partnerships on complex projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in effectively managing multiple projects/priorities with high-capacity for learning quickly.
- PhD preferably in virology or other relevant scientific discipline with 0-3 yrs of experience
- Preferably 2+ years of post-graduate experience with proven successful laboratory research in industrial or academic settings
Level is flexible and job title will be commensurate based on candidate's experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Clinical-Virology_R0014090-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency