Senior Facilities Engineer II
Senior Facilities Engineer II
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Facilities/Reliability Engineer
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Sr. Facilities Engineer (Reliability Engineer)
- The primary role is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a team of BSO personnel and contractors.
- Leads cross-discipline projects.
- Demonstrates ability to execute against the strategic and tactical objectives provided by senior leaders both within Engineering and outside of the function.
- Develops program level guidance documents and implementation of said programs.
- Expanded areas of responsibility encompass loss elimination, risk management, and life cycle asset management.
- Loss Prevention includes:
- Tracks the production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, then find ways to reduce those losses or high costs.
- Develops a plan to eliminate or reduce the losses through root cause analysis and facilitates the implementation.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Asset utilization
- Overall equipment effectiveness
- Life Cycle Asset Management
- Provides Oversight in Equipment selection processes for Capital and OPEX equipment purchases.
- Develops and maintenains of Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM)
- Determines asset Remaining useful life (RUL) and provides long range capital planning for budgeting.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Participates in the final check-out of new installations including factory and site acceptance testing.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failure such as capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Demonstrates desire to expand knowledge of engineering concepts critical that supports other Gilead Facilities departments and capital projects
- Demonstrates desire to participate in training programs to become a subject matter expert.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Must be able to develop solutions to a range of moderately complex problems.
- Implements and manages the EHS programs within the area of responsibility and monitor the safety and environmental performance of the operations.
- Participates in investigations and analyze accidents / incident that occur in the functional area and make improvements to minimize occurrence of accidents.
- Assures compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Plans and executes projects including systems & equipment C&Q strategies and C&Q document development and execution.
- Performs the role of Business Process Manager within one of the C&Q Community of Practices.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates expertise in project management.
- Knowledge and experience using and designing business systems to manage projects such as the following preferred:
- Extensive experience with systems and equipment in the following areas preferred: biologics drug substance, biologics drug product, small molecules drug substance, small molecules drug product, packaging/warehousing, GMP & Non-GMP utilities and facilities.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, OR a Master's degree (M.A./M.S./MBA) and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience
- Understanding and application of validation principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Prior experience in biotech, pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Prior experience in commissioning and engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments.
- Understanding and application of process engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Experience with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Familiarity with the following tools:
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault tree analysis
- Weibull analysis
- Six Sigma (6o) methodology
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS)
- Understanding and use of the following:
- PHA - Preliminary hazards analysis
- FMEA - Failure modes and effects analysis
- CA - Criticality analysis
- SFMEA - Simplified failure modes and effects analysis
- MI - Maintainability information
- FTA - Fault tree analysis
- ETA - Event tree analysis
- Advanced project management skills
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Sr-Commissioning-Engineer_R0013407
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency