Senior Medical Scientist Inflammation North Spain
Senior Medical Scientist Inflammation North Spain
Spain - Bilbao
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The field-based Medical Scientist (MS) will be part of a team of Inflammation Medical Scientists reporting to the Director Medical Affairs Inflammation Area in Spain.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Maps, understands and engages with key centres for management of patients with inflammatory conditions.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and disease areas working through medical education activities and clinical research.
- Establish strong scientific relationships with opinion leaders and care providers in the inflammation disease area.
- Through collaboration with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders, identifies and develops appropriate projects that support and drive the medical plan.
- Conducts meaningful scientific exchange and communicates complex scientific information and data in an organized and fair/balanced manner while demonstrating judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Spanish laws.
- Disseminates scientific, clinical and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) data about Gilead products to opinion-leaders, healthcare professionals, academic institutions and professional organizations.
- Responds to clinical inquiries in an accurate, unbiased, fair, balanced and timely fashion.
- Develops and executes plans, activities, and scientific exchanges based upon the Medical Affairs Plan of Action.
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and other educational programs as well as scientific conferences.
- Provides feedback and insights received from the field to internal stakeholders.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Assists with Gilead development and clinical programs, Phase IV studies and ISR (Independent Scientific Research) in the Inflammation therapy area, including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- The MS works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Market Access, Sales, Marketing, Pharmacovigilance, Legal/Business Conduct, HEOR, European Medical Affairs Team and Clinical Research.
- The MS role involves extensive travel including appointments and meetings across his/her territory, as well as national and international conferences and meetings in the affiliate office on a regular basis.
- Exhibits Gilead's Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence, and Inclusion.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background with a medical pharmacy degree or scientist degree, or a higher (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree.
- Wide experience as a MS/MSL.
- Working experience within Inflammatory diseases, with a background in the areas of rheumatology and/or gastroenterology highly desirable.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required, with excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely and independently.
- Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations is essential.
- The MS must have good scientific appraisal skills and be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical opinion-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources.
- The ability to develop new relationships and understanding of other inflammatory conditions will be required as Gilead's portfolio moves into other areas.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish and English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Spain---Bilbao/Senior-Medical-Scientist-Inflammation-North-Spain_R0013616
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency