Clinical Research Assistant
CDU Strives for EXCELLENCE! Join a team of diverse professionals and start your career today with Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. We are seeking extraordinary and dedicated individuals to achieve the mission that drives us all: to cultivate diverse health professional leaders are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations…. As a member of CDU faculty, or staff you’ll achieve EXCELLENCE in a welcoming community of passionate medical school professionals.
At CDU we are seeking a talented Clinical Research Assistant.
Under the direction of the Principle Investigator, the Clinical Research Coordinator will work side by side with the Senior Clinical Research Coordinator and the research team to perform moderately complex clinical research following established protocols including assist with administration of informed consents, research study surveys and questionnaires, data entry, data management, data analysis and help preparing NIH progress reports.
- Assist with the daily operations of clinical research tasks, including recruitment, screening and consenting of research subjects for obesity clinical study.
- Assist in scheduling follow-up study visits. Make appointment phone-call reminders.
- Assist with the coordination of activates associated with the different aims of the study.
- Responsible for administering study survey and questionnaires using computer tablet.
- Responsible for data entry into research study database (Qualtrics).
- Maintains strict confidentiality of research participants, and adheres to HIPAA, GCP, ICH, FA Regulations and SOPs guidelines.
- Engage weekly meetings with PI and other research team members.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry and query resolution within study databases.
- Establishes and maintain files and records for research study.
- Writes study related motivation and engagement materials.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered into databases.
- Assists in preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and comprehensive written reports summarizing research results for quarterly NIH progress reports.
- Work with the principal investigator at CDU, co-investigators, and other study staff to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Coordinates with other study staff and DHS clinic staff regarding research participant enrollment and study participation.
- Participate in trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Assist with writing papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A., B.S) in behavior science, health, Biological Sciences or related
- Previous clinical research experience in the areas of health disparities, nutrition, exercise, obesity or clinical trials highly desired.
- Experience with basic laboratory protocols including proper handling of subject specimens, data collection, subject recruitment, subject assessments, data entry and data management.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics or similar survey tools.
- Familiarity with videoconferencing tools such as Webex, and planning tools such as Doodle Poll also a plus.
- Utilize basic statistic principals.
- Ability to develop or adapt data collection techniques.
- Must be computer literate in basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) as well as able to utilize electronic health records with appropriate training.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and schedule various activities.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data inventories.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, navigate the internet, and use qualitative data processing software.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The employment status of this position is classified as “Conditional”. Conditional employment means that the job exists contingent upon funding limitations of restricted funds or, the duration of a specific program, project, grant or contract. Please note that if the University does not receive a renewal of this funding or a reduction of funds occur, your final date of employment will coincide with the non-renewal/reduction date. The duration of this position is from your start date through February 29, 2024.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3747
At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, our employees' well-being is important to us. CDU continues to offer health and wellness benefits to help employees stay healthy and provide financial protection against high medical costs. The program incorporates a variety of benefit plans from which employees can choose. The following summary provides a brief overview and high level summary of the benefits that may be available as a member of the faculty or staff working at least 20 hours per week in a regular or conditional position at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. For more information, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/academics/facultystaff/Offices/Benefits
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer