Full Professor in the field of neurometabolism and physiology
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) of the University of Lausanne is inviting applications for position of:
Full Professor in the field of neurometabolism - physiology
Starting date: 2021 Place : Lausanne, Switzerland
Main missions: Research
- leader in the discipline of neurometabolism and synaptic plasticity
- conduct an independent and innovative research of international quality, fundamental or translational in the biomedical field, funded by expert funds and published in international journals with expertise
- in compliance with legal and ethical provisions, ensure the direction of a research group, coordinate its research with that developed in other groups, in a spirit of collaboration and participate in the preparation of the next generation of academics
- collaborate in the scientific and academic life of the Department and the Faculty, ensure outreach at regional, national and international levels, by actively participating in international congresses
- Ensure a watch in the field of the digital transformation of society related to the academic world, eg. in the fields of digitization / securing of data and tools, organization of entities or the contributions of artificial intelligence.
Main missions: Teaching
- participate in teaching activities in the biology and medicine bachelor's degree courses (structured education, optional courses, practical work, management) in the following areas: tissue biology including the basics necessary to understand organization and function cells in the different tissues of the human body, general histology (modernized) and morphology courses integrated with the teachings of other disciplines such as cell biology, biochemistry and physiology.
- contribute to the management of master's / theses and to the MD, PhD and MD-PhD thesis committees / juries, as well as to doctoral programs
- organize and participate in internal and external seminars
- Be a force of proposal to improve the supervision of the student body, inter-professionalism, student-centered teaching, the acquisition of transversal skills and the creation of networks in the world
- PhD in Sciences, MD or MD / PhD, with specialization / experiences in the field of neurosciences, cell biology or metabolism in the broad sense
- strong track record in research, publications in high-level international journals and ability to secure expert funds
- teaching knowledge at faculty level with practice in pre-graduate teaching
- advanced managerial skills (management of teams and various projects)
- preference will be given to a personality open to communication and cooperation, able to stimulate young colleagues
- strong interest in the digital and digital transformation of society
- good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly in order to be able to teach at the pre-grade level.
The successful candidate will receive an installation credit as well as an annual research and consumable endowment in a dynamic research environment. Further information may be obtained from Prof. Bagni (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the DNF.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, a summary of previous teaching experience, v) a copy of diplomas, vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references. Full applications should be submitted online as a single PDF file to the University’s website by 17.01.2021 (23:59 GMT+1).
The job description is available on the University’s website.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite