Postdoctoral Research Associate
Postdoctoral Research Associate – Siteman Cancer Center
There is an opening for a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Nupam Mahajan. His lab has been working on studying various signaling mechanism in prostate and breast cancer, including epigenetic processes (histone phosphorylation, methylation and acetylation) that drive these diseases and their role in immune modulation. In addition, his lab also have a robust program in development of small molecule inhibitors as therapeutic option for these cancers.
The lab has previously identified two new epigenetic events, which play crucial role in prostate & breast cancer and cellular homeostasis (Cancer Cell, 2017; Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, 2012). The underlying mechanisms of the oncogenic activity of these epigenetic events, however, remain unresolved. Multiple research opportunities are therefore available for highly motivated individuals with an interest in cancer epigenetics and/or therapeutics. Projects include, but are not limited to, (i) the study of genetic interactions using genetically engineered mouse models, (ii) molecular analysis of epigenetic crosstalk, and (iii) the effects of these epigenetic events on the tumor immune response.
Investigation of these studies involves the use of state-of-the-art mouse genetics, functional genomics, next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics, molecular biology, tumor biology and hematopoiesis. For additional information about our lab, please visit lab website at: https://mahajannlab.wustl.edu/
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs research experiments.
- Assists in the design of research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and assists in the reporting of the results.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
Responsibilities and Obligations of a postdoctoral appointee include:
- The conscientious discharge of his/her research responsibilities.
- Conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Compliance with good laboratory practice including the maintenance of adequate research records, both paper and electronic.
- Open and timely discussion with his/her mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adherence to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations. All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in University laboratories remain the property of the University.
Additional information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs.
The appointee has earned a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
- Experience with mouse models.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and next-gen sequencing analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent research in biomedical sciences.
- Published results in peer reviewed journals.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applications should include a brief cover letter highlighting the applicant's research experience and interests, along with full curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of 3 references to Dr Nupam Mahajan
Lab Website: https://mahajannlab.wustl.edu/
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals Normal laboratory environment.
Potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive materials.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.otential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive materials.
Apply for Postdoctoral Research Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly