Looking For Talented Scientific Writers To Help With Grant Proposals and to Communicate Ground Breaking Scientific Discoveries.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Scientific Writer works collaboratively with Institute Director and Principal Investigators to support and enhance grant proposal submissions and strategic program presentations. This individual reports directly to the Institute Director and has a level of accountability with the Department Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides full life cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions and progress reports for diverse funding opportunities including the NIH, private foundations, industry, and nonprofit.
- Contributes to and informs on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Attending meetings or taking part in conference calls with scientists
- Works with faculty to conceptualize and craft presentations.
- Ensures that work products conform to the formatting and internal/external policy/regulatory requirements, are free of errors, and those scientific ideas are presented clearly, accurately, and persuasively.
- Coaches faculty members and associate directors on grant writing.
- Analyzes and interprets research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing high-quality grant proposal narratives, grant reports, letters of recommendation, fellowship applications, etc.
- Helps researchers translate data results into a manuscript format and propel them to publication.
- Effectively manages time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment. Develops detailed project timelines according to team-specified deadlines.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s or PhD degree, or combination of applicable experience and education
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in grant or scientific writing
- Experience in grant review (e.g. NIH or Funding agency Program Officer)
Apply for Scientific Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly