Manager, Development Business Operations-Vendor Outsourcing
Manager, Development Business Operations-Vendor Outsourcing
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking an industry leader for Manager, Vendor Outsourcing Dublin within our Development Business Operations department. The Manager will have the opportunity to provide category management, sourcing and contracting expertise in clinical outsourcing of global Phase 1 and 4 clinical trials. The Manager will lead the entire life cycle including vendor selection, RFI, RFP, vendor selection decision, contracting, monitoring performance, change orders and ensuring proper closeout of clinical agreements. The position will have the opportunity to work in a matrix environment and regularly collaborate with Senior Management and cross functional teams.
The core responsibilities and skills required for this position include but is not limited to:
- Manages contract and sourcing activities for Early and Late Phase clinical development programs providing consistent customer service and delivering quantitative value through cost savings and transformation/innovation.
- Manages the contract negotiation process across the entire life cycle including RFI, vendor identification, RFP, vendor selection decision, contracting negotiation, performance monitoring, change orders, and ensures proper closeout of agreements to maximize contract value and achieve target savings
- Ensure the vendor selection process is compliant by managing risks through benchmarking, rate negotiations, implementing the sourcing strategy, collaborating with cross functional teams such as Compliance, Legal and Regulatory
- Collaborates with internal customers in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis).
- Is an SME in resolving complex issues relating to contract negotiation and management.
- Oversees the identification, selection and management of global external service providers.
- Leads Vendor bid defense meetings.
- Manages the contract negotiation process for complex or high value contracts.
- Ability to understand an analyze from multiple complex sources such as financial and operational perspectives
- Influence vendor selection with stakeholders at the project team level
- Identifies, develops, and deploys best practices in vendor selection, cost containment, and category management practices
- Leverages prior experience with external benchmarking, industry best practices, and technology for continuous improvement
Influence and Partnership
- Engage with clinical operations Phase 1 and 4 leadership to drive sourcing strategy, compliance, and continued partnership
- Exhibits competency in regularly establishing relationships with internal and external cross functional teams, such as clinical operations, legal, finance, compliance
- Delivers value by developing business solutions by translating requirements into effective sourcing solutions, contractual terms and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions related to clinical vendor agreement negotiations and escalations
- Pulls data across functions according to business requirements and recommends global development vendors to senior leadership for endorsement for a project
- Asks probing questions to uncover business needs and recommends solutions (e.g., negotiating timelines while maintaining standards)
- Resolves vendor project management issues (e.g., operational challenges including scoping issues) by identifying and addressing deviations from established protocols
- Identifies operational and systematic issues, including frequency and escalates to the appropriate level
- Excellent communication skills and comfort level interacting with internal and external teams across all levels, including regular interface with stakeholders and leadership team members
Capabilities and Requirements
- Experience in providing thought leadership and consistent customer service
- Expertise in the end-to-end sourcing and contracting process, including RFx, contract negotiation and management.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the clinical research process and the regulatory environment across functions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment
- Travel may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant experience with a BA or MS in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation, category management and/or clinical outsourcing or procurement
- MBA a plus
- PMP/CPSM or equivalent a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Manager--Development-Business-Operations-Vendor-Outsourcing_R0016079-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency