Sr Director, Finance
Sr Director, Finance
Italy - Milan
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's finance function in ACE is a uniquely structured centre of Excellence, where finance professionals and business stakeholders are given the opportunity to build genuine value-add partnerships in a close collaborative environment. The team's unique operational model supports those who want to own their careers and grow their experience and responsibilities whilst allowing each individual to make a genuine and visible impact on the business and ultimately an impact on our ability to deliver life changing therapeutics to those in need.
We are seeking the Finance Director for Italy based in Milan reporting to the ACE Finance Lead. The FD will primarily support the General Manager, and more broadly the Italian leadership team on all aspects of strategic, commercial, and financial decision-making, acting as right-hand' and facilitator, as well as challenging decisions in a constructive and value-adding manner.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Support the General Manager in delivering optimal performance from the Italian affiliate and ensure all risks and opportunities are understood by ACE Management.
- Represent the Finance organisation in the Italian Leadership Team by focusing on strategic issues across multiple functions and establishing stretched yet attainable plans for the Italian Organisation.
- Support all price negotiation any other activity related to pricing for all franchise providing input on price optimization and developing alternative scenarios.
- Act as contact person for technical discussions with AIFA and provide insights into business scenarios with special impact on financial impact resulting form claw back, taxes and rebates existing in Italian environment
- Works with the FSS to ensure robust country-level Accounting, Controllership, Tax, Treasury and Procurement including robust financial controls and management of risks, facilitated by strong collaborative relationships.
- Manage and facilitate Tax audit and all other local requirements.
- Delivers a timely, smooth, accurate and consistent month end close and reporting fully compliant to Local/USGAAP requirements.
- In close collaboration with the ACE FP&AE, Local Finance Team and the Italian Commercial and Medical department develop robust, accurate and fact-based revenue projection models based on patient data.
- In close collaboration with the commercial organisation ensure a clear link between Brand Plan/BPOA and OPEX budget and monitor actual actions/investments vs plan.
- Provide strategic direction to, develop and lead a Finance team of three direct reports.
- Member of ACE Finance and Global CFO Leadership Team. Expected to actively engage in company-wide Finance projects, i.e. ensuring the EAME finance operating model is fit for purpose, efficient & scalable, as well as well-controlled and with deep, best-in-class expertise centres.
- Ensures optimal and consistent Finance processes are in place leveraging the International Financial Shared Service Centre (FSS) and ACE FP&A
- Play a critical role in paving the way for digital transformation in bringing the Italian organization to the next level in creating an overarching sense of purpose.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
With a unique Company culture, strong core values, operating in an industry with complex reimbursement policies and regulatory environments, we are seeking an experienced individual with proven cultural adaptability and relevant industry experience, preferably at an operational level as country Finance Director. Ideally the candidate will have gained exposure to working within a US corporate environment.
Detailed requirements include:
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, biotech would be an advantage, as would exposure to US corporate environments.
- Experience in leading the process involving external stakeholders in Italy - AIFA and tax authorities in particular
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent with a CPA, CA or similar accounting qualification. Relevant experience at a supervisory level. Tax, Treasury and Financial Accounting experience required. Must have a significant in-depth proficiency in all aspects of accounting and finance, including technical aspects (HGB, SOX and USGAAP included).
- An in-depth knowledge of Oracle or equivalent ERP system and proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind which is able to think outside-the-box, and the ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Strong, proven business partnering mentality based on a genuine interest for the underlying business. Has the maturity and awareness to strike a balance between supporting and challenging the business.
- Expertise developed in difficult P&R environment with National Healthcare system and individual sick funds in order to evaluate and support pricing strategies, disruptive scenarios, competitive positioning.
- Expanded knowledge of complex pricing structure, rebates and innovative pricing agreements to support business decision and the expertise of respective accounting requirements.
- Balance results-oriented and process-oriented approach with the ability to facilitate and ensure Country GM and other Leadership members are best placed to achieve success. Be optimistic but realistic in your approach.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader yet is hands-on. Consistently retains a sense of the bigger picture' and the most important levers.
- Possess an open and transparent approach to working with colleagues, combined with the ability to work and succeed in a non-political way.
- Ability to simplify and deliberately distinguish the vital few from the trivial many, eliminates the nonessentials and removes obstacles.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Italy---Milan/Sr-Director--Finance_R0015897-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency