Professor & Department Chair
Professor & Department Chair, Computing Sciences
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E-School of Engineering & Computing Sciences
The College of Science and Engineering (COSE) at Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a Department Chair at the rank of full Professor in the Department of Computing Sciences (CSCI) with an outstanding record in research and teaching. The department chair will provide leadership, advocacy, oversight, and management to one of the most diverse and productive academic units on campus. The new chair will lead the expansion of the department in research and academic programs. Specifically, the chair will play a vital role in ensuring the continued success of existing BS, MS, and PhD programs within the department and in developing new programs in Cybersecurity (MS) and Data Sciences (PhD). A successful applicant’s background includes an ability to develop and facilitate collaborations with other academic and research units on campus and with external constituents in the academic, private and government sectors.
CSCI is organized with the expertise of approximately 20 faculty. Our department prepares students to pursue productive careers and advanced degrees in computer science, geospatial computing science, geospatial systems engineering, and geographic information science. Education and research are designed to carry out scholarly investigations that enrich the educational experience of the students and advance their state of knowledge in the field, resulting in the promotion of expertise in a diverse range of complex topics in human, earth, physics, mathematics and engineering sciences. In addition, CSCI seeks to promote excellence in our research endeavors and diversity in both its student population and faculty. In addition to BS degrees in Computer Science and Geographic Information Science, MS degrees are offered both in Computer Science and Geospatial Systems Engineering, and there is a PhD program in Geospatial Computer Science.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field;
- A record of achievement in scholarship appropriate for appointment with tenure at the rank of Professor;
- Demonstrated administrative experience, communicate clearly, lead collaboratively, and have a clear vision to guide the future scholarly success of Computer Science; and
- An established record of external funding that supports computational and geospatial sciences research and education, successful supervision of PhD and MS students to completion, and mentoring of undergraduate students.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed
2. A current curriculum vitae
3. Three professional references including names, addresses, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a previous or current supervisor
4. A statement describing leadership styles
5. A statement describing teaching, research, and administrative philosophy
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 8, 2021. For more information, please contact: Dr. Richard Coffin, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.