Sr Corporate Counsel, Licensing
Sr Corporate Counsel, Licensing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's Corporate Legal team is seeking a creative, dynamic and collaborative licensing attorney to join a close-knit team supporting Gilead's Strategic Transactions and Corporate Development and Alliance Management groups. As a team, we are thoughtful, innovative and friendly. As a company, Gilead offers a unique opportunity to employ a creative approach to deal making and support of existing collaborations as we work with our colleagues to reflect Gilead's position as a partner of choice in the biotech industry.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be a practical and business-minded attorney with significant experience drafting and negotiating licensing, collaboration and other strategic transaction agreements for biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies.
The person in this position will, among other things:
- Work with Gilead's Corporate Development team and other departments within the company to support strategic transactions, specifically to:
- lead legal negotiations of complex terms in licensing, collaboration and other significant strategic agreements and advise the Corporate Development team in connection with business negotiations.
- draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents typical of a biotech or pharmaceutical organization including term sheets, license agreements, MTAs, collaboration agreements (covering all stages a product's life cycle, i.e., research, development, manufacturing, supply, and commercialization), options and asset purchase agreements.
- perform due diligence in connection with a wide range of strategic transactions, including significant collaborations and M&A transactions.
- Advise Gilead's internal clients on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standardizing positions for different agreements.
- Provide legal advice and support for existing alliances and partnerships.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to applicable state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either within 90 days.
- BS in life sciences or related field preferred.
- At least 4-7 years of drafting licensing agreements in a law firm and/or in-house. Significant experience with transactions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry advising clients on both business and legal issues strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with or exposure to international regulatory processes for pharmaceutical products and laws and regulations governing clinical trials a plus.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by recognizing and responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and clients.
- Ability to think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive legal and business issues to closure.
- Willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities of many stakeholders across various departments, not only within the company's headquarters in Foster City, but also throughout the company's domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Team focused and collaborative work style; willingness to build expertise and tackle new challenges in an evolving practice
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Counsel--Corporate_R0015142
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency