Professorship for Biochemistry
- Excellent research in the broad field of cancer biology
- Outstanding Biochemistry teaching at our medical school
- Internationally reputed track record of independent research in the broad field of cancer biology and experience in leading a research group. The specific subject of research remains open and should be determined by the quality of the applicant (PhD, MD-PhD, MD or DPharm).
- Documented ability to acquire competitive third-party funding.
- Dedication and enthusiasm for biochemistry teaching at the University level.
- Team spirit and commitment to actively cooperate within and beyond the Medical Faculty of the University of Basel.
- Integrative personality with leadership and organizational skills as well as with a talent in communicating medically relevant topics to both clinicians and basic scientists.
We offer you
The successful candidate will assume the following position and functions:
- Professor (open rank) of Biochemistry at the Medical Faculty of the University of Basel.
- Research group leader in the Department of Biomedicine (DBM), featuring an innovative research atmosphere with competitive researchers, excellent infrastructure, cutting-edge core facilities, close connections to the University Hospital as well as an international PhD program.